~Stay Here~

Mike whispered something in Eleven's ear, grabbed her hand and went back to Steve's car. Dustin followed Mike and Eleven while Steve stayed with Max and Lucas for a few more minutes.

"Do you guys need a minute?" Steve questioned.

"Can I just have my bike from the trunk, Max is gonna come to my house tonight," Lucas said. His arms were still wrapped around Max. Steve nodded and went to the car.

While waiting for Steve to get his bike, Lucas continued the soft motions he did with his cheek against Max's face. She breathed heavily onto his body as he whispered comforting her words to her. Steve returned a few moments later with Lucas's bike, he placed on the ground and left the cemetery.

"I'm sorry," Max finally breathed.

"What the heck Max? What could you possibly be apologizing for right now?" Lucas asked.

"I'm sorry that I keep on making you worried!" Max cried.

"Oh Max...just as long as I can protect you, everything will be ok," Lucas whispered. Max nodded at his words. She had so much faith in them. "I promise, I'll never let go of you again."

Max looked up at her boyfriend and looked at his face tentatively. He smiled at her shining crystal blue eyes. He tucked a strand of her red hair behind her ear and pressed his forehead to hers. She's so perfect.

Finally Max passed her breaking point and raised her lips up to Lucas's. He didn't budge. He simply stayed there as she bit on his mouth. Lucas put a hand on Max's face. Perfect fit.

The two continued to devour each others faces until Max's eyes landed on the tombstone in front of her.

"Shit, Lucas, we can't do this here," Max said, breaking the kiss. "Billy's watching us."

Lucas laughed at her comment then stood his bike up and helped Max onto the back of it before getting on himself. He rode slower than usual, not wanting to scare Max. Behind him, she wrapped her arms around his neck tightly. Her fingers were still shivering a bit, and her legs had to tremor.

***
Lucas changed into some night shorts and took off his tshirt and jacket before climbing into bed next to Max. She was wearing the crop top and sweatpants from her bag that she kept at his house. Still beautiful.

"LUCAS!"

chime.

"DUSTIN!"

"shit."

"LUCAS PLEASE, HELP!"

"You ok?" Lucas asked in a whisper.

"No," Max immediately responded.

"What, what's wrong—what can I do—"

"Lucas.  Just listen."

The boy decided not to speak and instead just looked into Max's eyes again.  They could put him into a trance alone.

"I don't want to hide from you anymore.  I just want to let everything out and explain to you how I'm feeling.  But it's so hard.  You don't understand, the guilt I have from Billy's death is holding me down like a pile of rocks sitting on me. It's awful."