22 - Rescue Plan

The air crackled with a tension as thick as the silence that had fallen over the Spider-Force headquarters. Lashanie, her celestial form radiating a newfound intensity, stood before the holographic map, its distorted image of the empty corner a constant reminder of their loss.

"We need a plan," Lashanie declared, her voice firm despite the tremor of grief still clinging to its edges.

Peter, his eyes red-rimmed but a flicker of defiance returning, stepped forward. "We track Morlun. We follow his dimensional signature, but it won't be easy."

Miguel, ever the strategist, tapped a holographic projection of Morlun on the map. "Morlun's a master of dimensional travel. He could be anywhere, anywhen. But with Varian in tow, his movements might be less erratic."

Jessica, her knuckles white as she gripped the holographic table, growled. "Then we use that to our advantage. We track the ripple effects, the disturbances caused by both Morlun's presence and Varian's struggle against it."

Lashanie nodded, her celestial loom humming with a newfound purpose. "I can amplify those disturbances, weave them into a clearer signal. But it will require immense focus, and there's a chance it could attract unwanted attention."

"We can handle distractions," Miles chimed in, his youthful spirit tempered by a newfound seriousness. "We'll create a diversion, a multi-dimensional web of activity to mask your tracking, Lashanie."

May, wiping away a stray tear, straightened her resolve. "And I'll stay here, monitor communications, be a central hub for information exchange. We need someone grounded, someone to keep us all connected."

Peter looked at May, a flicker of gratitude warming his eyes. "Thank you, May. That's important." He then turned to the rest of the team, his voice ringing with renewed determination. "Alright, then. We have a plan. Risky, yes, but it's our best shot. Let's find Varian, and let's stop Morlun before he can unravel everything."

The team huddled closer, their faces etched with determination, a mix of their individual strengths forming a formidable whole.

Miguel outlined the specifics of the diversion.  They would activate a series of trans-dimensional relays, creating a web of simulated threats across various realities.  This would hopefully draw Morlun's attention, forcing him to react, thus amplifying the disturbances Lashanie needed to track.

Miles and Jessica volunteered to lead the diversionary tactics, utilizing their agility and unique abilities to create a multi-frontal assault across different dimensions. They would be the flickering lights, the distractions Morlun would chase, while Lashanie, hidden in the shadows, wove her intricate web of tracking.

Peter, ever the leader, acknowledged their roles.  "Be careful out there," he warned.  "Morlun might be distracted, but he's still dangerous."

Miles and Jessica nodded, their expressions grim but resolute.  "We'll be alright," Jessica said with a steely glint in her eyes.  "Just focus on getting Varian back."

Lashanie, her form bathed in the soft glow of her celestial loom, held up a hand, silencing the room.  "I need to focus.  The more detail I can glean from the disturbances, the clearer the path to Varian will be."

With a shared nod, the team dispersed.  Miguel set to work activating the trans-dimensional relays, creating a symphony of flickering portals across realities.  Miles and Jessica donned their suits, preparing to become living phantoms, ghosts flitting across dimensions to draw Morlun's attention. 

May, her voice calm and steady, established communication channels, a central hub for the scattered team.  Peter, his eyes filled with a renewed purpose, adjusted his mask.  He wouldn't let Morlun win.  He wouldn't let Varian down.