The victory tour.

my tour went terribly, The Capitol uses the Victory Tour to showcase its control and reinforce the fear of rebellion among the districts by parading the victors, who symbolize the Capitol's power and the futility of resistance. that much is known, yet I was angry in mine, fuming actually, I shouted at every district, screaming about injustice

there was a bombing in my district next week. I didn't care.

The Victory Tour in District 10

Johanna stood on the platform, the midday sun beating down on her. Beside her, her mentor gripped her arm tightly, in a gesture that screameddont do anuthing stupid. The square of District 10 was packed with citizens, their faces a mixture of sorrow and curiosity. The backdrop was a stark contrast to the opulence of the Capitol – worn buildings and hard faces that told stories of labour and hardship.

A large banner with Johanna's face  hung over the stage, and the Capitol anthem blared from the speakers. As the music faded, She stepped forward. Her heart must have been pounding. I know mine was when I stood there, in front of districts I'd never been to to deliver words I would never believe. She glanced at Blight, who gave her a reassuring nod. Taking a deep breath, she began her speech.

“People of District 10,” she started, her voice trembling slightly. “We are here to honour your tributes, Kayla and Blunt. They fought bravely, and their loss is felt deeply by all of us.”

A murmur ran through the crowd at the mention of their names. everyone could see could see their familys standing in the front row, their faces lined with grief. She continued, “they were more than just a tribute. they were people who fought bravely to overcome their hand in life, their odds. Without their deaths, I wouldn’t be standing here today.”

The crowd’s reaction was immediate. A man in the front raised his hand in a disrespectful salute, a gesture of hatred and defiance. Slowly, others followed until the whole square was filled with raised hands. The peacekeepers stiffened, their hands on their weapons, but they did not intervene.

I felt a lump in my throat. She must have known that this moment was dangerous, but she couldn’t stop herself.  "We owe all of you a debt we can never repay.” she finished off with a smirk, clearly playing into her image of the cockey voctor, the one who doesn't care about people. the ruthless killer. I saw through it, her eyes held remorse at the words that were written, I could see it, and I'm sure others could too  their hands slowly lowered back to their sides. the danger had passed. not through her words, but through her eyes.

The mayor of District 10, an older man with a weary expression, approached the microphone. “We thank you, Johanna Mason, for your kind words. The memory of Kayla and Blunt will live on in all of us.”

As the train sped away from District 10, i looked at the train passes away from me. In 2 weeks time id have my chance at seeing her again, at speaking to her for real,

Tue Victory Tour  illustrates the emotional weight and political tension of the Victory Tour, showcasing how it serves as both a propaganda tool and way it control, yet Johanna Mason did not let them control her, that much was clear. Very clear.

she read the message as told, yet her voice held controlled anger, her face held disgust at the words she was reading, priding herself in killing people, many people.

she just, well, didn't do it. like the way I didn't.

I screamed the words at mine, went so of script that I've been told since they were not even shown outside of the districts, or to the capitial. Yet the people still apparently love me. I sometimes wonder why. What had I don't aside from killing numerous children? What had I done aside from that.

nothing. that's what.

***
2 weeks later.

the victory ball was held at Snows mansion, again as it was every year.

a tedious thing I've learnt to hate, even on my own ball, I hated it so much that I simply left. Even with the repercussions, I don't regret leaving, having their touches constantly, their praise, the arse licking. It wasn't for me. not at all. So I left, found a pub, and went with it.

I go every year, finnick and Cashmere, Gloss, and a few others go with me, i somehow started a trend. But this year, I desperately want to stay. Speak to Johanna. See her again. Some part of me acts like a silly teenager around her, and yes, I am a teenager but not a silly one. I'm deadly.

in the end I didn't have to find her, she found me.