☁︎ 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

☁︎

"Alicent, this matter... is finished. Do you understand?" Viserys says as he turns to continue his walk to the steps but stops turning to the crowd.

"And let it be known: anyone whose tongue does to question the birth of Princess Rhaenyra's sons should have it removed," Viserys said as he hit his cane to the ground.

"Thank you, Father," Rhaenyra says softly as she turns back to her son. Isolde let out a breath as Aegon wrapped his hand around her arm.

Isolde's eyes shot to the Queen as she lurched forward, took the blade from the King's side, and started rushing to Rhaenyra.

"Your Grace. Stay with the King!" Ser Harrold shouts as he hurries down the steps. "Alicent!" Viserys shouts as Alicent reaches Rhaenyra, who grabs her arm and holds the blade away.

Isolde follows her husband, who steps forward to get a closer look as Helaena is taken into the arms of Tayla, Alicents lady-in-waiting.

"You've gone too far!" Rhaenyra tells Alicent, who looks at her with sad eyes. "I? What have I done, but what was expected of me? Forever upholding the kingdom, the family, the law."

"While you flout all to do as you please." Isolde steps closer to her husband, who leans over the crowd to watch. "Alicent, let her go!" Viserys shouts as he begins to walk toward her.

"Where is duty? Where is sacrifice? Is trampled under your pretty foot again." Alicent says with a shaky voice as Isolde lets go of her husband.

She looked around the room, finding her brothers, and hurried toward them. Gerold quickly took his sister into his arms.

"Release the blade, Alicent," Otto commands as he stands by the wooden throne. "And now you take my son's eye, and to even that, you feel entitled." Isolde peeks from her elder brother's arms to watch.

"Exhausting, wasn't it? Hiding beneath the cloak of your own righteousness." Rhaenyra says before whispering to Alicent.

None heard the words, but soon the blade came down, and Alicents arm fell. As everyone looked at the two, the blade hit the ground with a clang.

Isolde's eyes widened as her brother whispered that Alicent had cut the Princess's arm.

Aemond stood from the chair, looking at his mother, saying, "Do not mourn me, Mother. It was a fair exchange. I may have lost an eye... but I gained a dragon."

"This proceeding is at an end," Viserys says, looking at Alicent, who stares at where she had cut Rhaenyra.

Ser Criston walked over, pricking the blade off the floor. Aemond placed his head on his mother's shoulder.

Aegon walked toward his wife, placing a hand on her back. "Come on, My Dear." He says as Gerold pulls away from his sister. "I would like to be ready to leave alone, please." She says as she walks away from the three.

She returned to the guest chambers and placed on a new dress. She silently went to a carriage where only she would be as Aemond would ride with a Maester.

As they reached the ship, she returned to her normal sofa. She shared a look with Erryk, who asked only with his eyes, making her nod. Isolde sighed as she turned. The ship only began its journey when Viserys and Alicent arrived.

-