☁︎ 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

☁︎

"You will be at the council, My Love?" Aegon asked gently, looking at his wife, who had just woken. The children had jumped out of the bed and ate at the table. "Shall I?" She asked, smiling.

"I would hope. Your insight could do me well." He said, inching closer to her but stopped by the door opening. "What is it at this hour!" He grunted, sitting up in the bed.

The servant bowed his head before looking at Aegon, who motioned for Celia to take the children out of the room.

"I bring a message from Dragonstone." He spoke softly, causing Isolde to sit up, waiting to hear. Aegon's eyes widened as he remembered what Criston had ordered. "Ser Arryk has been slain along with his brother, Ser Erryk."

Isolde stopped as her eyes focused on the servant. "Could you..." She trailed as she began wiping her hands on the bed on either side of her. "I-" She stopped as her eyes began to water.

"How?" She whispered that neither would have heard if it had not been quiet. "The brothers were said to have fought, but Ser Erryk killed his own, then himself, Your Grace." The servant said, bowing his head as Aegon looked now at his wife.

His eyes widened as her breathing began to shallow, and he yelled to get a maester, though it was drowned out to her ears. Aegon caressed her head as he placed a hand on her chest, feeling for her heart.

"My Love?" He whispered before touching her face to make her look at him. As her eyes looked at her husband, he saw nothing but the tears falling as if she were a shell.

The maester rushed in with Celia following closely with concerned eyes. She did not hear them speak as she was laid back on the bed, Aegon holding her head, which was placed beside him.

When the maester left, Aegon moved some hair from her face after hearing she would be fine. "I shall watch her, Your Grace," Celia says, looking at Aegon, who shakes his head.

"I should-" He began as he looked at his wife, holding her hand tightly. "You are needed in the council. If something were to happen, I would let a guard know." Celia says as she looks at Aegon, who still had wide, watery eyes and looks down at his wife.

Aegon said nothing as he leaned down, kissing her forehead gently before getting off the bed to dress. Celia took Isolde's hand as he left, rubbing the back with her thumb.

After a moment, Isolde whispered, "Who sent him." Celia looked to the door before looking at Isolde, who was staring at the ceiling. "I have the faintest idea, Isolde. Though I could ask the guard."

Isolde said nothing, causing Celia to stand and walk to the door, asking the guard quickly, then returning. "He has told me it was Ser Criston Cole. As well, Your husband has made him the hand."

Isolde sat up, got out of bed, and walked to the mirror where her husband had dressed. Celia took note and searched Aegons closet, finding one of Isolde's old dresses. It was Red and White, the colors of her house.

As she was dressed she stared at herself in the mirror before Celia went to fix her hair. After her hair was braided and up she turned quickly walking out of the room.

As she walked down the hall she noticed Ser Criston also making his way toward the council room. "The hand should never be late to a meeting." She said emotionlessly as as Ser Criston stopped in his tracks.

"You should do well to remember that, Hand of the king. If you shall keep it for long." She said before the doors were opened to her.

Criston looked at her with furrowed brows as she walked up the steps into the council room. But then stopped at the realization of the death of Aegon's former guard, Ser Erryk.

-