☁︎ 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

☁︎

Isolde walked down the corridor, followed by Ser Erryk as her husband joined her and took her wrist. The two reached the throne room, where everyone was already standing.

She stood on her husband's right as Aemond and his family were on the other. She turned her head, seeing Otto standing in front of the Iron Throne, causing her to glance at Rhaenyra, who looked upset. Ser Erryk took the spot behind the family alongside another guard.

"Though it is the great hope of this court that Lord Corlys Velaryon survive his wounds, we gather here with the grim task of dealing with the succession of Driftmark," Otto announced as she began to fiddle with the ring on Aegons pinkie.

"As Hand, I speak with the King's voice on this and all other matters." He finished by sitting on the throne.

"The crown will now hear the petitions." He says as Aegon looks down at his hand and then at his wife.

"Ser Vaemond of House Velaryon." She looks to her side, seeing the man look at Rhaenyra before stepping into the center of the room. "My Queen. My Lord Hand." He says, looking at both.

"The history of our houses extends beyond the Seven Kingdoms to the days of Old Valyria." He says, looking toward Alicent before continuing, "For as long as House Targaryen has ruled the skies, House Velaryon has ruled the seas."

"When the Doom fell on Valyria, our houses became the last of their kind." He says as she thinks of her own house. House Celtigar.

"Our forebearers came to this new land, knowing that were they to fail, It would mean the end of their bloodlines and their name."

"I have spent my entire life on Driftmark defending my brother's seat." He says as he looks at Otto. Isolde let go of Aegon's hand, and he clasped them in front of himself. She did the same.

"I am Lord Corlys's closest kin, his own blood. The true, unimpeachable blood of House Velaryon runs through my veins." He says, looking back to Alicent.

"As it does in my sons, the offspring of Laenor Velaryon. If you cared so much about your house's blood, Ser Vaemond, you would not be so bold as to supplant its rightful heir." Rhaenyra speaks out, causing her head to snap to the woman.

"No, you speak only for yourself and for your own ambition," Rhaenyra says as Isolde takes hold of Aegon's wrist. "You will have a chance to make your own petition, Princess Rhaenyra," Alicent says as Aegon glances at his mother.

"Do Ser Vaemond the courtesy of allowing his to be heard." Isolde looks at her husband, seeing a smirk on his face, causing her to sigh.

"What do you know of Velaryon blood, Princess? I could cut my veins and show it to you, and you still wouldn't recognize it." Vaemond tells Rhaenyra as Aegon takes Isolde's hand into his own.

"This is about the future and survival of my house, not yours." He said, staring at Rhaenyra before turning back to Alicent.

"My Queen, my Lord's Hand. This is a matter of blood, not ambition. I place the continuation of the survival of my house and my line above all."

"I humbly put myself before you as my brother's successor. The Lord of Driftmark and Lord of the Tides." He says as Isolde watches him closely. "Thank you, Ser Vaemond." He glanced back at Rhaenyra before walking back to stand before Isolde.

-