29. A lover Perhaps

The whole flat is empty just Anirudh is working in his study room. Today is Bondita's last exam also his family isn't in the home.

Binoy had some business tour in USA. Subhra, Chandra and Afsa also went along with him.

As per Subhra's plan give them some space. First she had planned to send them on somewhere but as Bondita's 2nd year final exam was going on so they cancelled the plan for now.

And after 2 month is their marriage anniversary. So she will send them to honeymoon in that time. For now just given them some personal space and quality time to spend together.

Chandra and binoy planned office work like that, that there is no need for Anirudh to go to the office.

In the evening,,,,

Anirudh looks at the time and his eyes turn to the door, looking restless as he waits for Bondita. He purposely sits at the dining table, so that he can welcome her home that night. Bondita is exceptionally late today and he began to wonder if she has plans with her friends and might have forgotten to inform him. Not that she has to, but, the fact that he doesn't know her whereabouts is making him worry. He looks at the time again and again, fidgeting as he tries to focus on his work.

Suddenly he heard the bell.

Startled to the sudden sound of the house bell, Anirudh quickly got up and pressed on the intercom.

"Yes?"

"Anirudhh!!, it's me"

Anirudh froze as he stared at the little white box on the wall as if it had grown fangs. He could feel the jolting numbness piercing his heart when he heard her voice. The voice he is familiar with is that one voice that sparks every memory that he keeps at the back of his mind.

He stood there, motionless as he gulped hard, feeling all his emotions rushing into a ball of mess, heralding his state of mind at that moment.

Why is she here?

Anirudh turned to look at the door, hesitating if he should open the door for the uninvited guest standing at the other side of the door. Heart thumping fast and loud he could almost hear it, he slowly inches towards the door, one trembling hand slowly unlocking the door. He pushed the door open slowly as he lifted his gaze to meet a pair of eyes, looking at him softly.

"Hello Anirudhhh"

Anirudh closed the door behind him slowly as he looked at the woman standing in front of him.

"Do you miss me while I was gone?", she asked softly as she curves a sweet smile on her beautiful face.

"What are you doing here?"

"To see you"

Without a warning, that woman swiftly hugs Anirudh, wrapping her arms around his strong body as she snuggles closer to his chest. She rests her head on Anirudh's chest, inhaling the scent of his body as she tightens her grip on his waist.

"I miss you"

Anirudh couldn't find his voice, he is tongue tied to find the woman he has been avoiding all these months, is now here right in front of him. The woman that made him suffer. The woman that broke his heart.

The woman he calls his first love.

"Mi-- Soudamini...what are you-"