Chapter 7

I lay on my bed, Wyatt resting his head on my chest. One of my arms was draped across his chest, the other holding the remote to the TV in my room. The show had just finished, but we hadn't really been watching it, too caught up in our conversation. Wyatt yawned, stretching out a bit. 

"What time is it?" He asked. 

"About six," I answered after checking my phone. 

"I'm hungry." He mumbled. 

"Same." I agreed. "Let's go and see if Parker is ready to order something to eat. 

"Alright." He said. I unwrapped my arm from around him, and he sat up, my body feeling cold without him. I sat up as well, my legs hanging off the side of the bed. His hair was a mess, strands going in all directions, and his sweatshirt was twisted around his body. It was cute.

"Let's go," I said, standing up. He followed my lead and then followed me toward the living room, where we found Parker and Owen stretched out on a couch each, staring intently at the TV. Neither of them acknowledged our approach. 

"Um. Park?" I asked, tapping his shoulder. 

"Yeah? What do you want?" He answered, not taking his eyes off the screen. 

"We're hungry," I told him. 

"Alright, and what do you want me to do about it." He asked flatly, trying to be funny. 

"I don't know, get us food. It's dinner time anyway." I suggested. 

"Ugh. If I have to." He complained. "Just let us finish this game."

"Fine," I answered. 

Wyatt and I went to the kitchen and waited for them to be done. A few minutes later, Parker appeared, followed by Owen. 

"So, have you guys decided what you want yet." He sighed, leaning on the bench. I looked at Wyatt, who shrugged. 

"Not really," I answered. 

"Wow, that's helpful." He said sarcastically. "I'll just order some pizza then. Wyatt, what do you like? I know what the other two want."

"I'll have whatever Landon gets if that's alright. I'm not fussy." He answered politely. Parker nodded and went on his phone to order the pizzas. 

"You don't even know what type of pizza I like. I could have ordered something really weird." I pointed out. 

"Well, you don't really strike me as someone who would do that." He smiled. 

"See, he also thinks your food choices are boring," Parker added, without looking up from his phone.

"Do you want to bring up this topic again?" I warned him. 

"I seem to remember that conversation going worse for you actually." Parker grinned. 

"Hey, that's not fair," I complained. "That was an accident. Plus, I actually think the direct consequences have been alright."

"Why are you speaking like a corporate analyst?" Owen asked. 

"I was going to say that." Parker laughed. Then added. "Pizza will be here in half an hour." 

"Good," I said, my stomach rumbling. "We're going back to my room, let us know when it arrives." 

"Well alright then," Parker said, feigning a bewildered look on his face. "Am I just a pizza ordering machine to you?" 

"Yeah, basically." I answered. "And a taxi driver." 

That comment caused Owen and Wyatt to burst out in laughter.