My brothers, father figure.

Lately I've noticed my dad going back to his 'old' habits again. My dad used to be a heavy drinker, he would drink alcohol almost every night and yell at us and sometimes even lock us up when we did something wrong. But that was only ones in the week. But there's something he did do a lot when he was drunk. He would find reasons to  scream and yell at us, even though the reasons are super small. like forgetting to wash a fork or when there is a little trash outside of the trashcan. If he found that little reason to scream, he would often hit us. and with us i mean me and my mother. 

My brother wasn't really a target for my father.  My brother would often hide me away or defend me when dad got mad. My brother would take a hit for me at any change he got, but even then my father won't hit him or yell at him. he never yells at him or hits him. Not even when he smashed the TV. As a little kid, i would hate my brother. Purely because i was jealous that he didn't get all the hate. Now i regret that, because i didn't see all that he did for me. He would trow away the alcohol to keep me and my mother safe, while i was being a little brad about it.

My brother forgives me though. "You were just a child Cindy, it wasn't fair for a 8 year old to be threaded like that." he told me multiple times. he is 4 years older then me and he always tried to protect us. But now he is working on school a lot more and is home later then my father gets home. Last week i found some empty bier bottles in the trash. I told my brother about it and he got rid of the full ones. 

But my father has been more aggressive again lately. I got an B- on a pop-quiz, and he went totally ballistic on me. He screamed at me and threw some things at me, but he missed almost everything he threw...That's why i knew for sure he was drunk. 

My mother wasn't home yet,  she was out for groceries. So i hid in  the bathroom and called my brother. My brother skipped his next class to get tome as fast as he could. When he came home, he found my dad pounding at the bathroom door with a empty bier bottle. He and  dad screamed at each other  for at least 10 minutes when my brother finally told me to come out. When i cam out of the bathroom, i saw broken glass on the floor and my father was no where to be seen."He stormed outside and got in his car. I think he will be back tonight late again from the bar. You can come sleep in my room. I'm going back to school for  a few hours. I will lock the door behind me. But until i'm back, lay your stuff in my room and stay there." he said while  wiping my tears away. I wished him good luck  with school and tried to make some homework after that.

My brother was right because my father did very much come back at 3 am the next morning and i woke up from him stomping around. I fell asleep again soon after though, because i know i'm safe next to my brother.