𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 8: 𝘽𝙫𝙡𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙞 𝙎𝙚𝙧𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞

༄

A

week has passed since the encounter of Romano and his men happened. After that Matteo drove me back to my home, greeted by my enraged Papa who found out I killed Romano’s brother, he even grounded me for being way too “careless”.

Matteo argued that he was there, and didn’t even know the existence of Romano’s brother even if he had transactions with the man.

He also justified that I wasn’t a teenager anymore, and should be given a chance to handle my problems, but Papa was persistent in grounding me, I was left with no choice but to follow his orders, the only thing I could do is keep an eye to every business we have including the underground ones using Ricardo and Gio as my eyes.

It’s also been a week since Matteo has left to go back to Italy, saying he has “business” to take care of. Now, I am in our back yard throwing knives at the round bulls-eye target lined up across the wall of the mansion.

“Is Papa still grounding you?” My brother, Hugo asks me through a skype call. My ipad on a stand in a mini table beside me as I pick up knives continuing to aim at the targets. 

“I don’t get, Hugo! I’m old enough to be capable of handling my own problems!” I let out my frustrations while talking to Hugo, and throwing knives. I could hear him sigh on the other side, while I still continue throwing knives.

“Papa is just looking out for you. We all are. You’re a bit reckless, and you know that.” I took a deep breath as I listen to Hugo. He isn’t wrong though, I make impulsive decisions that could either have a negative consequence or a positive one.

“You have a point. Anyways, I’ll head back inside to take a shower. Have fun in Seoul.” I turn off the call, then sat down on one of the chairs. I drank the juice they prepared for me earlier, and wipe my face with a towel.

Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder, without a warning I tackled the person onto the ground, and put a knife on their neck. I was stunned to see that I tackled Matteo down. Yeah, Hugo is right. I am reckless.

I back away from him, holding out my hand for him to take, and when he did I helped him to stand up.

“I’m so sorry. It was a reflex, I guess” He smiles at me as he placed both of his hands in his pockets. His wearing a sweatshirt again this time it’s Ralph Lauren, you can tell by the logo sewn on his left chest.

“No worries, bellissima. You’re still grounded?” He speaks. His Italian accent always gets to me. I purse my lips into a thin line before answering him.

“Yeah, it was my fault for impulsively acting that day.” He chuckles as he shakes his head from side to side.

“Your papa is just looking out for you, bellissima. I don’t blame him for being protective of you.” I scoff and rolled my eyes at his comment. He lets out an amused laugh and I glare at him.

“Come on, don’t give me that look. How about let’s head inside I brought gifts for you from Italy. And I want you to meet someone too.” He says, I nod as I take my ipad into my hand and start walking back inside the house, Matteo walks along with me, wrapping his hand around my waist. 

As we enter the living room, I see a man talking to my Papa, my eyebrows furrowed in confusion as my Papa engage a conversation to the man.  Matteo seems to notice my confusion but says nothing until we stop right in front of them.
He clears his throat first before he spoke

Bellissima, meet Gianni Grey Park. He’s Italian-Korean, and he’s my right hand man.”  Matteo introduces me to him as Gianni gives out his hand for a shake, I take it into mine and shook his hand. I let go as he smiles at me.

“I heard great and amazing things about you from Matteo” Gianni says smiling, leaning into the couch.

“He talked about me?” I responded. It came out as a question, my gaze shifting towards Matteo having a stern look on his face.

“Oh, he did. Very often actually.” Gianni smirks. I don’t why but that made me feel things. I bite my lower lip restricting myself to smile. Matteo sits down, and I follow.

Bellissima, here. I have a present for you from Italy.” He says taking a box placed on the center of the mini table. “One of the gifts.” He winks earning a scoff from me. It was a playful one though.

  I take the box from him and open it. Surprised to see a Serpenti Aertena necklace. My mouth drops open, knowing too damn well that Bvlgari’s collection is one of the most expensive jewelry brands. I gaze up at him with a “are you serious look” as he smiles at me reaction.  I just then realized that he has handed me a Bvlgari box. I placed the necklace back inside the box and placed it on the table.

“Are you serious? Do you know how expensive this necklace is?” My questions earned a soft laugh from him. I’m not materialistic however I often spend money on luxuries when it’s reasonable, when I am sure that I will wear it.

Bellissima, that’s just one if the gifts. Do you not like it?” He asks me and it made me feel a little bit guilty. I mean, I love the necklace I’m just surprised that he got it for me, even though we’re really not yet in intimate relationship.

“I love it…” I pause before continuing gazing down at the necklace. I look up at him seeing his eyes glisten with happiness, there’s just something sweet and dangerous in him.

“But, isn’t this expensive?” My voice trails off and I bite my lower lip.

“Money is not a problem, if you love it. I’ll get it for you.” He takes out something from his wallet showing off his black card.

“One thing me and this card have in common, is that it’s unlimited. Just like how…” I anticipate his words but then he shakes his head and smiles

“Unlimited. It’s unlimited.” Repeating the words he said earlier.

I look around the three men, silence engulfing the room. My father clears his throat showing a smile, a genuine smile.

“That’s amazing, Matteo.  Perhaps she can wear it in a formal occasion.”
My Papa says standing up.

“Well, I’ll have to leave the three of you for a moment, I have business to attend to.” Just as he’s about to walk away I stand up and stop my Papa.

“Am I still grounded? I promise I won’t pull a stunt like that ever again!” I pout giving him puppy eyes as I walk towards him and cling onto his arm knowing that he can’t resist me.

“Fine, fine, fine. Stop giving me those eyes, querida. I’ll  unground you. If and only if you won’t do something like that again.” I give him a cheeky smile and kiss his cheeks. I hop happily back to my seat.

“¡Gracias papá! Me portaré bien a partir de ahora.” I say and he leaves the room.

“You’re a daddy’s girl, huh.” Matteo’s right hand man, Gianni says. I turn to look at him and smile.

“Papa has been there for me and my siblings. If that’s what people think, then I guess I am a daddy’s girl.”  I look at our family picture on the center of the table.

Our faces beaming with smiles.  It’s the last picture we took with our Mama. She’s doing fine, but due to her medical issues she has to stay in Ireland.

We’ve visited her a few times, and I’m very much sure she’d be joyed to find out one of her daughter is getting married, even if it’s for convenience.