▷𝘾𝙃𝘼𝙋𝙏𝙀𝙍 3: 𝙋𝙇𝘼𝙔𝙄𝙉𝙂 𝙒𝙄𝙏𝙃 𝙁𝙄𝙍𝙀

༄

   As they are having fun inside, I stepped outside for a moment, and went to the gazebo. Sitting there looking at the stars, as I feel the cold breeze on my skin. I close my eyes feeling the cold not minding my surroundings. I thought I was alone. Then a voice interrupted my peace. From his Italian accent, I knew it was Matteo.

"A pretty lady shouldn't be alone all by herself. Especially, in the dark. Monsters lurk in the dark." He says. I open my eyes, and watched him as he got closer to me. I move to the side giving him space to sit on.

"I'm not totally in the dark. There are lights." I say pertaining to the lamps on either side of the gazebo. He softly laughs as he sits down beside me. I can't tell him that I'm not afraid of monsters because I am one.

"You should never trust the lights to protect you." He says. I sigh and look at him. I didn't say anything afterwards, I let the silence engulf me and him.

"Hugo didn't tell me he has such a beautiful sister." He says, I could feel the heat run up to my cheeks. When I don't reply, he continues to talk.

"You look like you've been sculpted by a sculptor, Bellissima." He says. I look at him confused.

"Bellissima? What does that mean?" I ask confusedly. He smiles at me. It makes him much more attractive when he smiles.

"Italians use it when we describe something or someone that's breath-taking." He responds. I chuckle before replying to him.

"Wow, so you're saying I'm breath-taking?" I ask him. He goes silent pursing his lips, then smiles.

"You're more than breath-taking. I'll do everything in my power to protect you, Amore mio." He says. I rolled my eyes.

Who does he think he is? Fine, he maybe part of an powerful Italian Mafia family, but never underestimate a woman who grew up the same way.

"I can protect myself." I replied. We were silent after that. I could smell his cologne. It isn't too strong, but it isn't too sweet, it's the perfect combination of femininity and masculinity. It doesn't hurt my nose. And, I don't know why but I love his scent. He scoffs before answering.

"I know. But, you're going to be my wife. You should trust me to protect you." I laugh at him. He looks at me in disbelief, and I stop laughing.

"Oh, it wasn't a joke." I say, pursing my lips together.

"What makes you think it was a joke?" He asks me, I bit my lip suppressing my laugh. I can feel his gaze dropping down to my lips from my face.