Chapter Ten- Speculations

On my way out of the dorm, I spot a familiar face.... Awwwn, Millie... I smile at her and we immerse ourselves in a our feisty signature handshake.
"So... Why'd you think of the Girls Dorm..I can't believe you didn't tell me.." Millie says feigning anger.
" Aniyo, eotteoghe al- seo ?"I say suprised lifting my lips into a smirk then I turn to her scrunching my brows in amused suspicion.
" Yah... Gwenchana,It's literally all over school cuz some students saw your Dad and Sir Edward at the Cafeteria during the intermission."She says flickering my forehead.
Sir.... Edward.. I see..
" Oh, Oppa, so he's been around ever since. " I say tapping my forehead I'm mock regret as we erupt in laughter.
Punching my shoulders, she asks still laughing :"Yah... When did you learn so much Korean".
" No where in particular, probably cuz someone has been infecting me" I say squinting my eyes at her and we erupt into laughter once more. I omitted the fact that I was a staunch K-drama fan... I'm not sure she shares the sentiment.
I smile back at her as our laughter dies down, we talk out of school.
Just in time, the public bus arrives in front of our college and we hurry in.
Millie sits beside me , straddled with her Lilac backpack cuddling her bossoms.
A wisp of air passes me, and a chill runs down my spine. I turn to find a young man beside me. He was staring at me, emitting a chilling aura, I looked away quickly. Glancing at my palm... Why does he oddly look like the guy from the morning bus..... Carmen..? Carmen?...A similar vibe ... I shudder at the thought of it. Mille's voice jolts me out of my reverie as she waves her pale palms over my face.
"Yah .. what's on your mind.. I've been talking all this while..., Don't Tell me you haven't been listening" She says pouting.
"I'm sorry. Just suddenly got lost in space"
"Alright..." She says pinching my cheeks, smiling.. She's never the sort to ask or implore me for information, sometimes one wouldn't want to talk about certain things cuz they're usually better left unsaid. We smile in understanding and plug our Airpods , lying back as the bus rumbled on.
After what seemed like half a day, the bus stops, Millie gets off , alongside others and bides me goodbye squinting her eyes while blowing me a kiss..... This girl 😅
As the bus roars back to life,I see Millie repeatedly turning stealthily, ostensibly looking back at me. She seems oddly forlorn from that view as she walked into her apartment.I glance at the metallic address sign and it read :"Legacy street "

7:31pm
I lay slouched, on my peach couch at home... Home alone...,yard empty and solemn . The only sounds that could be heard was my crunching on my Kellogg's cereal and the intermittent creaking sound my Dad's antiquated rocking chair made each time the wind blew in from the window louvre. I suddenly remember the books my Dad asked me to read... One of James Hadley Chase's novels titled 'This way for a shroud'. I had read up to Chapter Six. Mystery and crime-triller novels always gets me but the suspense in this one is killing me.
I picked up the novel from Dad's room closet....
My phone starts vibrating, tons of messages flooding in from WhatsApp messenger. People rarely text me so I couldn't help but wonder. On opening the app, I notice a new message box...
You were added
Millie love added you
Huh... She actually had the temerity.. I smile with curiosity. Something piques my interest as I adjust my glasses squinting my eyes to peruse the words... Mulatto Carmen moves to dorm... Plot twist....( Emoji with an indifferent face)
It was posted by one of the Judhers on the VBB... (Veritas Bulletin Board);the school's Youth Bulletin site.
There were tons of replies more like comments and opinions thrown around.
My lips curve into a mocking smile... Interesting... I've gotten so famous that I'm now on the school's bulletin board...
Glancing at the first comment body..
𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔤𝔞𝔫𝔱 𝔓𝔢𝔞𝔠𝔥 𝔟𝔩𝔬𝔰𝔰𝔬𝔪𝔰 :"Wtf?!!, Mulatto Carmen is now on the dorm.. And and in the GC..., who on earth did that?!!! "

คקקɭє קєคгɭ :" Yeah.., I heard she's now the girl's dorm, Ella Reina's Hall precisely... Yeesh, Weirdos in the arena(emoji with a retching face)"

A͡ n͡ o͡ n͡ y͡ m͡ o͡ u͡ s͡ :" Seems I'll have to disable the "Add othe members feature" and turn on admin approval. ( Emoji with an indifferent expression)

I'ʅʅ αʅɯαყʂ ɯιɳ, ʂσ ɠҽƚ υʂҽԃ ƚσ ιƚ :"Shit!!
replying to คקקɭє קєคгɭ's message...
𝑳𝒊𝒍𝒚:" What...!, Which room exactly? (Emoji with a shocked expression)
Replying to 𝑳𝒊𝒍𝒚's message....
คקקɭє קєคгɭ:"Room 218... 2 beds away from me. I was literally cringing today when that weird Africa girl Aisha was being generous with feisty smiles when showing Carmen around... 🤮"

ƈʊ𐀀ɛʀ 𐀀ɦǟռ ʍʏ ǟʟ𐀀ɛʀ ɛɢօ :" Seems we've got another weirdo In the arena..*drops mic*"
More and more messages flooded the group.. more derogatory remarks...

What is the worse that could happen... These kids don't even give a damn about my seeing these messages
The one reason I hate group chats so much, the unrestrained sharing of opinions. My hands begin to tremble as I debate innately whether to leave the group or to stay.
I'll confront Millie later...
I decide to go offline ;i absentmindedly dip my hands into my cereal bowl only to touch empty space. I twitch in surprise as I take long strides to the kitchen.
Holding on to the Kellogg's Cereal pack, I debate innately whether not to eat and eventful decide to stop eating. I turn on the faucet, rolling up my sleeves ,rinsing my hands absentmindedly.
The swoosh of the water in the tranquil kitchen producing White noise calming me. Suddenly the sound of heavy equipment and power tools filter into through the kitchen window disrupting the previously existing harmony.
'Thump! Thump! Thump! 'The sound of hammer being hit against the wall finally piques my curiosity.
I squint my eyes while raising the kitchen louvres. I find people offloading seemingly heavy household items.An elderly woman looking Mexican, sat on a brown stool cuddling a baby while two other ridiculously cute boys , probably her grandsons,were doing the offloading from the vehicle they came with....
Two little kids held hands twirling around, more like frolicking, exploring and caressing the cute peonies in their yard. Seems like we've got new neighbors
Yup! That's exactly what they call 'Aproko' in my country '
A red BMW comes to a stop in front of the apartment and the kids scream jolting me.. "Mama!!"
"Ahyaya! Mi amor sitos... Como estan mi ninas?" A young woman says in a tender and sweet voice,climbing out of her car excitedly, her jet black her pulled back in a chignon; ostensibly their mum.
"Estamos Bien, mama, Te extranamos" The twin girls say simultaneously, clinging to the woman's legs, as she looks up at the scene before her.
The girls respond in sweet Spanish, their voice chirping away excitedly about their findings in their new apartment.
I sigh walking out of the kitchen
My phone starts making repeated dings again and I wonder seriously who could possibly text me offline. I pick up my phone to find the wifi icon at the notification bar... Which in effect means Dad is back.. I turn to meet his tired gaze .
"Seridou , Daddy" I greet him, genuflecting slightly and she grunts in reply, taking off his tie. I run off to my room. I find tons of messages flooding in.., I ignore them and abruptly turn off my wifi.
Slouched on my bed, I ponder on the events of the day. Remembering my intentions to move to the dorm tomorrow, I dash to my closet and feast my eyes on the clothes I'll never wear. I gather all paraphernalia, folding them neatly into my bag. I rummage through my wardrobe for my undergarments... Ah, they seem so scarce this days...
I finally find the new set Tiwa gotten me earlier. I glance at my wardrobe, wondering if I'm forgetting anything . I find some sparkly under my wardrobe. I picked it up. It was a box strewn with glitter with the intials C.M on it. It makes a creaking sound when I open it, seems like it's been opened before , probably at the airport. My eyes widened in shock as I stare fixated at its contents.