7

02:37AM

I'm laying on the floor beside my bed. The rain is trickling against my window in a calming rhythm. My music stopped playing more than an hour ago but honestly I wasn't even listening. I've reread the messages Billie sent me a thousand times, trying to think of the right thing to say. I haven't heard anything from her since yesterday and I didn't see her again after what happened before PE.

I wrote a couple different responses to her DM's, but I didn't end up sending any of them. I figured it would be better to talk about in person (If she actually wanted to talk about it) I've pictured what the conversation would look like, but for every time I picture it, it keeps getting worse and worse. The first scenario I imagined she was sweet and fragile, but in the most recent scenario she slammed my head into my locker and spit in my face. She's sort of scary, but I don't know, she might be really nice. A shiver travels down my spine and snaps me back into reality. Why am I even laying on my bedroom floor anyways?

I get up from my messy ground, open my bedroom door and walk toward the bathroom. The floorboards creak slightly beneath my feet, but not loud enough to wake up my mom. As I open the door and walk into the bathroom I get hit with a wave of cold air. I look around to find the source, and I see that the window is wide open. I walk up to the window and close it. I don't remember leaving it open, so it must've been my mom opening it to smoke or something. She told me that she quit, but she always reeks of cigarette smoke so I knew that she was lying to me.
I brush my teeth quickly and sneak back to my bedroom.
I pull off my hoodie, leaving me in nothing but a bra and shorts before I slip into bed.
My bed isn't that big, but it's got multiple fluffy blankets and stuffed animals from when I was a kid, so I'm not complaining.

-Time skip-

My alarm wakes me up. I go to turn it off, but it's not my alarm.

Incoming call from +1 (310) 807-3956

Who's calling this early? I don't recognize the number, but I answer anyways.

"Hey.. it's Billie"

My heart skips a beat. What does she want? How did she get my number?

"Hellooo?"

-How did you get my number?

"Well damn, not even a hello?"

-Sorry. Goodmorning, Billie

"Meet me by the parking lot before school, I need to talk to you"

-Oh, ok. Is everything alright?

"Parking lot, 9:30"

-I'll be there

She hung up. I have a million questions, but I guess they'll have to wait. I look at the time, and there's only ten minutes until my alarm goes off, so I decide to get up.
———————
499 words