10

Billie does have a point. But I don't want to admit it. Maybe if I convince her I'll be able to convince myself.

-She was drunk. She didn't mean what she said, Billie.

"Drunk actions sober wants, drunk words sober thoughts."

-Oh come on. That's just some stupid ass pinterest quote.

"It's true, Y/N. I've only heard so much about your mom, but nothing about what I've heard about her is positive in any way. I don't think you're safe with her."

-You don't have any idea what you're talking about. You don't know me, or my mom for that matter.

Tears are beginning to well in my eyes.

-My mom is a financially unstable single parent who uses alcohol to feel better. She's doing the best she can, and you have no right to judge her like that.

"Y/N I'm sorry! I'm just trying to keep you safe, you're twisting my words!"

-I'm just.. gonna go home.

"Can I at least drive you? It's too late."

-Yeah. I guess.

-Time skip-

We just pulled up to my house. I get out of Billie's car and shut the car door behind me. As I get to my front door I see a note along with a bag. 

"I got evicted. I had to sell Barney. Here is some of your things, I had to sell everything else. Bye, Y/N"

I just stare at the note. This can't be real..
I hear a car engine turning off and how someone approaches me.

"I.. I'm so sorry.. I don't know what to say"
Billie says before pulling me in for a hug

"You can stay with me."

-I.. I can't let you do that.

"I insist. Please, Y/N"

-I guess I don't have anywhere else.. are you sure?

"Yes, I'm sure. I wouldn't offer if I wasn't"

Billie helped me put my bags in her trunk and eventually we were on our way back to Billie's house. I keep waiting for me to wake up and realizing that it's all a nightmare.. But it's all real. After a while we arrive back to Billie's house and we carry my bags inside. I walk directly to Billie's room, and she goes to put my stuff in the guest room. I collapse on Billie's bed and tears begin to stream down my cheeks almost immediately.

I'm homeless. I don't have a family. The closest I have to a friend is Billie, who's just using me as her fake girlfriend. I feel so alone.

I feel how Billie sits down next to me. She grabs my waist and pulls me close to her so my back is up against her chest. I sob softly in her arms while she uses one hand to hug me and her other hand to stroke my hair.
I feel myself calming down.

"Don't worry.. I'm right here."

I wake up about two hours later. Billie and I are still cuddling on her bed, so I slowly get up, seeing how Billie's asleep. I smile softly at her before walking out of her bedroom and into the guest room.
I brush my teeth and get undressed before getting under the covers of the bed. The house is quiet. Too quiet. No muffled tv noises.. No snoring.. No annoying neighbors.. Just silence.

An hour passes.
The silence is too loud. I can't fall asleep. I get up from the bed and walk out of the guest room and towards Billie's room. I knock on her door before walking in and to my surprise she's awake.

"Hey, where'd you go?"

-I figured you wanted me to sleep in the guest room.. But I can't sleep. Would it be okay if-

Billie cuts me off

"Of course. Come here."

Billie pats the spot next to her, gesturing for me to lay down. I get under the covers and lay as close to the edge as I can, not wanting to take up too much space.

"What are you doing?"

-I just don't want to take up too much space..

"Come here."

I turn around so I'm facing Billie. She reaches out her arms and hugs me. I suddenly feel safe. I lay down next to Billie and she wraps her arms around my waist and we both fall asleep.
———————
720 words