11

Yesterday I saw a version of Billie that I didn't know existed. She was so- nice and so... fragile. If I compare this Billie to the Billie I first met, she's practically a whole different person. The way it was just natural for her to let me stay at her place- maybe she isn't that bad after all.
I reach for my phone on her nightstand and I look at the time.

10:26AM

Holy fuck. School started almost four hours ago. I turn around and shake Billie awake.

"Uuuugh..."

-Billie wake up!

"Fifteen more minutes...."

-School started three and a half hours ago!!

That sure woke her up.

"What."

-You heard me. Get up!

Billie gets up and scrambles around her closet looking for something to wear. She settles on an oversized t shirt and a pair of baggy jeans. I'm just standing there, unsure of what to do.

"I don't care what you take, just put something on Y/N!"

I snatch one of Billie's zip up hoodies and a tank top with a pair of jeans that are almost identical to the ones Billie's wearing.

-Time skip-

Billie and I barge into the chemistry lab. Everyone in the classroom turns around to face us and our teacher speaks up almost immediately.

"Well this should be interesting, why are you guys late?"

Billie rolls her eyes at the teachers question and tugs my wrist, leading me to a desk in the far back of the classroom.
One of our classmates.. I think his name is Gabriel, looks at my neck with a disgusted expression before mumbling something under his breath.

"Faggots."

He might've whispered it, but Billie most definitely heard him.

"I'm sorry, what was that?"

"You heard me, faggot"

Billie's smirk drops almost instantly and it's like her eyes turn dark. She looks over at our teacher, who's not paying attention. Billie walks up to Gabriel and looks him up and down before talking.

"You're just mad that I get more pussy than you'll ever have."

Gabriel's smug smile falls immediately. He stands there silently for a couple of seconds before Billie turns around and walks back to me.

-Time skip-

I'm in biology right now. Billie didn't show up but I'm not worried, she skips class almost all the time. And as if it couldn't get any worse, we're having sex ed. It's incredibly boring and so uncomfortable. But I get that it's important, so I'm not gonna be complaining too much. Mrs. Smith has been droning on and on about the importance of consent for (and I'm not kidding here) 40 straight minutes. It's a very important thing, but there's a bigger chance of people actually listening if you don't drag it out so much. My thoughts get interrupted by the speakers blaring.

"Could Y/N Y/LN report to the principals office, please"

I scoff before getting my backpack out from under my desk and walking out of the room. I'm not really sure where the principals office is, but I'm pretty sure it's in the same corridor as the nurses office.
The halls are empty except for the janitor trying to pick the lock on one of the lockers. I guess someone forgot their code.

As I excepted the principals office was right next to the nurses office. I knock on his door before walking in.
———————
563 words