Grab N Go

It's 1978 in Denver, A girl by the name Nicole is new to town. So her best friend is showing her around town. "So this is the grab n go. You can come here to get snacks. Or play pinball.." Sally, Nicole's friend said. Nicole gave Sally a confused look "why did you say pinball like that?" Nicole said. "Here let's just go inside, I can show you in there." Sally said as grabbing Nicole's hand. They walk into the grab n go and they walk over to the pinball machine to see a tall, blonde male standing there. "That's Vance. Well some people call him pinball vance. But only his friends call him that. He is the rudest kid in town. He can beat you up blindfolded." Sally said. "Oh, I mean he looks nice?" Nicole said. Sally gave her a stare. "He is not." Sally said with her eyes wide open. Vance soon gets done with his pinball game and starts to walk out of the door and so does Nicole and Sally. Nicole bumps into Vance making him glare at her "I'm so sorry" Nicole said. Vance rolls his eyes and starts to speak "oh look, a new fag to town." Vance says in a deep tone. " I don't really know what ur-" Nicole got cut off by Sally. "C'mon, let's go."  Sally grabs her arm and walks out. "Why did you talk to him?!" Sally said as she sounded mad. "I just wanted to know what his problem was." Nichole said back. "Don't ever interact with him again. You hear me?" Sally said to Nicole's face. "Yeah." Sally replied. They both wave goodbye as they are both waking home as it got dark. Nicole still wondering about that boy.