vance, the phone?..

another day in the basement for Vance and Nicole. Vance looks a bit better since he ate and drank. "Vance, are you okay now?" Nicole asked him. "yeah, a little bit." Vance replied back. Suddenly, the basement door opens and the tall man is standing there. "I made you two some breakfast." the man said. "okay." they both said. "you, tell me your name." the man points at nicole. "why do you wanna know." she asked. "I usually don't wanna know, I find out eventually in the newspapers. they print out a nice big photo with all the details I could ever want." he said. "my name.. its addy." Nicole said, trying to lie. The man throws the plate of eggs and the soda on the ground. He throws a newspaper at her. She picks it up off the ground and takes off the rubber band on it. She opens it and the newspaper shows her missing details. "I was really starting to like you, Nicole. I was gonna let you go." The man said before shutting the door. but he forgot to.. lock it. "Vance, he didn't lock the door, we should go up!" she said. Vance thought for a second before nodding. they both head for the door until.. the phone starts to ring. "I thought the phone didn't work..?" Nicole said. She walked up to the phone and picked it up and placed it on her ear. "hello?" She said. "don't go upstairs." A voice on the other line said. "why not?" she asked. "he's waiting, on the other side with that fucking belt." the voice said. "who are you?" she asked. "I don't remember." The voice said. "I delivered newspapers." The boy said. "your.. your Billy, billy showalter.." she said. "if that's what you say." The voice said. "but do not go upstairs. he will beat you with that belt until you pass out. It hurts bad. you'll beg him to stop. we all did. but he never stopped." the boy said before hanging up the line. Nicole puts the phone back and sits on the mattress. "did I just talk to a fucking dead person." She said. "Nicole I think ur going crazy, the phone doesn't work." Vance said. "maybe I am. just let's not go upstairs." She said. She made sure she will remember that for later times in the basement.

(HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!)