Chapter 11: Failure! No turning back now!

The wind picked up the moment you hopped off from your ship, the salty air gently pushing you in the middle of your back as you slung a sniper rifle over your shoulder and adjusted your sword which clung to your hip. The sky which once portrayed hues of soft pink and purple now only displayed dark blue, the stars which twinkled so boldly now seemed to guide your way as you looked around the desolate beach.

You appeared calm and collected on the outside, a hardened look in your eye even though truth be told, your heart could nearly be heard drumming hard in your chest. You were panic stricken on the inside, no real thoughts forming and your knees nearly buckling with every step you took in the soft sand. You never understood what made you this anxious, why every time you thought about assassinating this specific man you'd suddenly be shaken to the core. Was it because you were afraid of failure... or maybe it was death? For years you've researched and studied Trafalgar Law's movements, you've recounted the stories whether they be good or bad, and you knew truly how strong he was.

He scared you.

Doflamingo's face flashed in your head, his cruel grin coupled with those glasses which hid his eyes taunting you as you climbed up some rocks to scout the area. No matter what, everything would work out to Doflamingo's plan anyways. Your story ends here, at least, in your mind it does.

You made sure to dress appropriately, sporting a tight fitting black tank top and black sweatpants to help better camouflage within the darkness. And as you crouched at the very top of a rock, you nearly blended in with the night sky, covering yourself in darkness like a blanket. You took in a slow breath of air as you held up your binoculars and watched as your surroundings zoomed in, the lenses focusing on the yellow submarine which harbored itself a few yards away.

Despite your trembling hands, you were able to make out two men standing on the deck appearing to be talking with one another. "C'mon calm yourself..." you whispered to yourself as you attempted to zoom in more, your hands which wouldn't stay still causing your binoculars to shake. A few moments passed, and finally you were able to get a grip on your nerves. It seemed as if another person, or more like bear, joined the first two men on the deck.

You didn't care to learn much about the captains crew as they weren't your target, but you did familiarize yourself with some of them. The white bear you immediately recognized, watching as he mingled casually with the two other members. You squinted your eyes as you watched the three suddenly jolt up and stiffen as a taller figure walked out from the ship while angrily pointing at them. You could vaguely hear the much taller man yelling something, but couldn't make out anything.

This person was their captain, and the mere sight had your pulse quickening. You switched positions and instead laid down onto your stomach, concealing as much of yourself as possible while grabbing your sniper rifle. You put the sights up to your right eye and peered through it, the image of Trafalgar Law barely visible through the sheer darkness of the night. You perched the end of the barrel against the hard rock and maintained absolute stillness while observing the crew. You had to wait for the perfect opportunity, he has to be alone so there was no interference.

You huffed once you watched all four of the pirates go back inside the submarine, the glow of light coming from the round portholes on the submarine being your only form of light. You pulled out your transponder snail and began to ring for Doflamingo, your eyes never once straying from the deck of the ship.

Badabada calick...

"Young master," your voice was barely audible, "I've located the target. The assassination is in full swing now. This may be my last call for a while as I don't know my next window of opportunity."

"That brat Law will have a run for his money with you," Doflamingo chuckled, "I look forward to our next conversation. I send my best regards to you."

At the sound of the transponder snail hanging up, you swiftly put it away and regained focus on your mission. It had to have been at least ten o'clock by now, but you were trained in staying up all night anyways so this was a cake walk for you. Even if you had to remain in this position all night and all day, you could. You sighed while shifting your sniper rifle, your back and shoulders relaxing as you calmly waited for any sign of movement.