Chapter 13: That's Captain To You

You looked at your reflection in the katana presented in front of you, your face contorted in a mix of pain and resentment as you stumbled to stand up. Trafalgar slowly stepped closer while watching you struggle to maintain your balance from the previous fight, your heart beating hard even though it wasn't in your chest.

"What are you planning on doing?" You asked as you watched him roll up his black sleeves on his yellow jacket, his Jolly Roger proudly printed in the center. You backed up until you couldn't back up anymore, your back hitting the wall as he calmly approached you while pointing the tip of his katana in the center of your chest.

"Just a small surgery," he shrugged casually as the lighting in the room suddenly became dimmer, your eyes drifting over to look at the metal plate with all of the medical instruments lying on it. "That is unless you want to start talking," his voice was laced with amusement as he watched your eyes snap back over to his. You stayed silent while backing yourself flat against the wall, the tip of his katana puncturing through your skin and causing a little droplet of blood to form.

After a few moments of more silence from you, he grit his teeth and prepared his spare hand. "I'm done giving you options," Trafalgar growled while shouting "room!" His katana released its pressure off of you and instead he raised it above his head, your eyes closing shut as you awaited for whatever was going to happen.

...Badabadabada...

You held your breath as you felt the wind from his strike pause, your eyes reopening to meet the concerned look of Trafalgar's.

...Badabadabada...

Simultaneously both of you glanced down at your pants pocket, your transponder snail incessantly ringing. Shakily you let out a breath of air, "it's Young Master," you said while reaching your hand down to grab the snail.

"Not so fast," Trafalgar was quick to stop you with a threatening voice, "you don't move, I'll answer it. I've been meaning to talk with him for a while." You placed both of your hands in the air as he shoved his hand into your pocket and pulled out the snail.

...ca-lick....

"Doflamingo," Trafalgar immediately answered while locking eyes with you, "I'm afraid your little assassin here couldn't finish me off."

"Heh, if it isn't the little brat Law," Doflamingo chuckled, although you could tell by his tone he wasn't pleased. "Should I send Baby Five and Buffalo out to come get you?" Even though you hadn't said anything, he knew you were still there, and still offering assistance which surprised you.

"Don't bother," Trafalgar spoke for you, "by the time they arrive, she'll be dead." The smirk on his face caused goosebumps to rise on your arms, your stomach sinking from disappointment.

"Young Master, I failed you," you spoke grimly, "I've already accepted my death."

The snail began to go through fits of laughter, and then suddenly pause, "even to the end I couldn't break you. Well..." Doflamingo sighed, "you've played your part as marionette quite well. It is true I'm a little disappointed that you couldn't kill him, but you served me well. Don't think I'll let her death go unpunished however, Law!" He warned as you couldn't help but feel slightly relieved by his reaction.

"Dressrosa, right?" Trafalgar mused, "I'll be sure to pay you a visit."

"What would my dear brother think of you, I wonder," Doflamingo hummed, "he sacrificed himself for you. All for you to eventually end with the same fate, killed by my hands."

Trafalgar had a swift shift in personality, suddenly his calm facade cracked and an enraged expression took over his face, "I would do anything to take revenge for Corazon!" You flinched a little at how loud he shouted those words, clearly affected by just the mere mention of Doflamingo's brother.