1 ~ The Beginning

Nayantara's Pov

"And here we are glad to announce our daughter, Princess Nayantara's wedding to the king of Pratapgarh, Rana Dev Pratap Singh."

With each word spoken by my father , the tears erupted slowly from my eyes unknown to everyone under my veil.

I saw Maasa from my thin veil who pasted a fake smile on her face , my Bhai saheb, Prince Kartik and bhabhisa stood expressionless.

"We are elated to declare the wedding will take place by the next month on the auspicious day of ashtami."

I again heard my father declaring my marriage all over the kingdom. My father, King Harshwardhan Mewar was always a strict person. Somewhere I never developed a loving relationship with him unlike my maasa and Bhai saheb.

He always had a strong belief that women were supposed to settle with their husband, make babies with them and look after their in-laws. And now he wanted the same for me, to marry at this young age and get settled.

But I never wanted this.

I always dreamt of being a skilled warrior. Learning about weapons, fighting with them was always something I was passionate about. My Bhai saheb was the one who always supported me with my decisions, my dreams. He loved me immensely from the time I was born. Even though my maasa didn't support my passion for war skills, we still shared a loving bond.

Suddenly, my thoughts vanished as I heard my father calling me in front of everyone. I moved towards him and adjoined my hands to thank everyone for their warm wishes for marriage.

I was someone never interested in marriage and all. My only love was my family and my passion.

As soon as the sabha ended, I moved to my chamber and closed the doors. I was feeling like breaking down with the thought of marrying someone never known to me and leaving my kingdom. But I couldn't even deny my father's order.

And suddenly the memories of a few days ago started blurring my vision.

Everything was prepared for the war with the opposition kingdom. My Bhai saheb was going to lead the army with general commander, Surya Singh. The thought of fighting in war for the kingdom was something I was desperate about. And somehow I was going to do it.

I asked my Bhai saheb to take part in the war and very well known to my skills, he allowed me but only on the condition of hiding myself as a man. I agreed and was prepared. Only Bhai saheb and the general knew about it.

After everything was ready, we headed for the battlefield not before saying 'Jai Bhawani' on the top of our lungs.

The war began. The battle field was filled with screeching and clashing of swords, the screams of soldiers, the smell of blood spread everywhere. I fought with my whole strength mercilessly, beheading the enemies killing them. The sun was almost there setting behind the mountains.

But at the end, our army screamed the joy of victory knowing no bounds and so was I, boundless by the victory.
But fate didn't seem in my favour.

As we reached back to Mewargarh, Bhai saheb signalled me to move to my chamber. As I was going back secretly through the galleries, my eyes widened with shock seeing my father in front of my chamber. He was raking his eyes around, his sight fell on me. For a moment I felt as if everything stopped. I stood frozen there in front of him.

Suddenly, he started walking towards me and held my arm taking me to my chamber. He jerked me away entering the room where my maasa was also present and closed the door behind us. I saw maasa trying to hold her tears with shaking hands and then my father whose eyes were bloodshot red due to anger.

He was about to hit me but maasa stopped him somehow. Looking at me he screamed at the top of his lungs that made me shiver.

"Nayantara, How dare you"

Pheww..!! So, here's the first chapter