10 ~ The day is here

Nayantara's Pov

The haldi ritual was going on for the previous three days and today was the last day. Everyone was enjoying themselves and seemed happy. Chandra seemed to be a little nervous in between the rituals but tried to remain calm. She told me that the person she loved was his childhood friend who worked as a soldier in their kingdom. She loved him immensely and wanted to marry him only.

I hope she won't suffer the same through which I am. As time passed,  my emotions, my fear were hollowing me from inside. The thoughts of residing at a new place for my whole life, living with a new family were sending goosebumps to my whole body.

But the thing which bothered me the most was - my dream.

My thoughts vanished when milk started pouring over me to remove the haldi. After the complete removal, I went to my chamber and decided to take a nap as I was feeling tired.

I woke up when I felt a kind of hustle and bustle around. The attendees were present there bringing different attires and jewellery covered in velvet.

Just two days were left......

I decided to take a walk in the whole kingdom today... for a last time. I went to the combat practice area where bhai sa was present. The moment he noticed me, he called me there.

"Bhai sa, I want to take a round of the kingdom for one last time. Can we both go together?"

He smiled and answered.

"Ofcourse Nayan. Since just two days are left.... I will do anything you want."

His words somewhere reflecting sadness but didn't express it. He said he will accompany me after the lunch.  After the lunch, we both enjoyed walking around in each part of the kingdom, laughing on our childhood memories, meeting my friends for last time.

The whole day was filled with joys and laughter. After such a long time, I enjoyed and laughed so much.

Two days passed...

Today was the day. When I will be separated from everyone, to settle at a new place. My mother would not be there to feed me with her hands, my bhai sa would not be there to fulfil my wishes, my bhabhisa would not be there to give me motherly love.

Everything will remain here.

I woke up early and observed the chaos spread everywhere for celebration. I went to take a bath. The attendees applied various paste today, their scents thus relaxing me.

After the bath, I went straight to my dressing room and saw Sukanya bhabhisa, maasa and Chandra, everyone waiting for me. Beside them on the couches, large plates covered velvet had my wedding attire, jewelleries and other things required. Just then an attendee came with a plate full of food.

She gave the plate to maasa and went. Maasa made me sit on the couch and tears started erupting from her eyes slowly. Seeing her condition made me cry too. She made a bite and fed me.

We didn't know if we would get any moment like this after ever. She remained silent but her eyes expressed everything. How worried she was for me.

After finishing the food, maasa hugged me, weeping and said.

" I love you so much my princess. I didn't realise when this time arrived so early. That you are going to be a bride. May God bless you with my happiness too my daughter. Remember one thing, your family is always here for you."

Everyone was there except, my father. I wish he would have blessed me the same way maasa did.

"Chandra and Sukanya, help her in getting ready and make her the most beautiful and divine bride, one has ever seen."

She said so and went from there. Just then Chandra jumped with joy and said.

"Aaj toh hum apni Nayan ko atyant khoobsurti se taiyar karenge ki sab ki drishti inn par hi rahegi."

She seemed to be much excited then anyone else.

She is still a kid.

She moved towards the couch where everything was kept.

"Nayan"

Sukanya bhabhisa called me.

" I know you were not ready for this but agreed. But ever you faced a problem, just inform us dear. We all love you so much that it's difficult for us too. But somewhere we know, your love will make everyone happy there. And just remember. Never let anyone influence on you. You are going to be a queen and your behaviour is meant to be of a queen. Your bhaisa and I know, that you are going to make the best of it."

Her words, at an extent boosted my confidence back. This confidence was lost somewhere since that day.

I am meant to be a great queen.

"Nayannnn.... Here's everything. Now let us start helping you."

Another update ✨

Please vote on all the chapters and do follow for further updates.