30

One for the money, two for the show
I never was ready, so I watch you go
Sometimes you just don't know the answer
'til someone's on their knees and asks you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was the night before Tina and Heidi's wedding. Engfa, stood outside the front yard of their house, patiently waiting for her friends to arrive.

She was dumbfounded as Lux had said they decided to just drive all the way from New York to Maine, saying proudly that she and Keane could exchange in driving Freen's BMW.

It would take them 6 hours to drive all the way from the City to her humble town, and if she guess it right, they'd be here by now.

Engfa glanced at her wrist watch, seeing that it's already 11 PM, they really should be here.

"They haven't arrived yet?" Plaifah, Engfa's sister, emerged from the house, two steaming cups of hot cocoa in hand. She handed one to Engfa, concern etched in her features, "It's freezing cold, drink this."

"Thanks," Engfa murmured, accepting the cup gratefully. "And no, they haven't. I tried calling Freen, but she's unreachable," she added, her worry growing.

They settled on the curb, the warmth of the cocoa doing little to fend off the biting cold. Thirty minutes passed, and just as Engfa was beginning to fear the worst, a yellow BMW sports car came speeding towards them.

Engfa immediately recognized the car as Freen's, she jumped to her feet, waving her arms frantically as the car screeched to a halt in front of them. Freen emerged from the passenger seat, her expression thunderous.

"I swear if you make me sleep beside Sulax tonight, I'll strangle her to death!" she snapped at Engfa before storming inside.

Engfa blinked in surprise, caught off guard by Freen's outburst. Beside her, Plaifah chuckled.

"She's pissed," Plaifah commented.

"Yeah, couldn't blame her," Engfa murmured.

Keane emerged from the backseat, looking exhausted and disheveled. "I should've listened to you and taken the plane," he grumbled, his irritation palpable

Lux bounded out of the passenger seat, her infectious energy lighting up the night. "Ing Ing!" she exclaimed, enveloping Engfa in a tight hug. "I missed you!"

Plaifah laughed, "I like this one," she said amused.

"Hey," Lux let go of Engfa and turned to Plaifah in an instant.

Engfa shot Lux a knowing look, already anticipating her mischief. "That's my sister," she warned in a low voice. "And she's off limits. Now, spill. What did you do to make Freen so mad?"

"Ow!" she patted my hand away, "I didn't do anything!"

Keane interjected, his tone dry. "She almost got us lost," he deadpanned, casting a pointed look at Lux.

Engfa sighed, shaking her head in exasperation. "Come on, let's get inside," she said, ushering her friends into the warmth of the house. It was going to be a long night.

--------------

The sun hung low in the sky, casting a warm, golden glow over the sandy beach where Tina and Heidi's wedding was to take place. Burgundy ribbons fluttered in the gentle breeze, adorning the makeshift aisle chairs and archway, fulfilling Heidi's vision for her special day.