Cut

"Not a stranger, no, I am yours, with crippled anger and tears that still drip sore..."

-

Please be aware that this chapter includes graphic information about using Umbridge's Blood Quill. Reader discretion is advised.

-

Y/N arrived outside Umbridge's classroom, inhaling deeply and gritting her teeth before knocking twice on the door. 

"Come in!" Her overly cheerful voice sounded, inviting her in.

The colour pink overwhelmed Y/N the second she opened the door. The walls were pink behind the hundreds of plates that had moving cats on them, most of which had some element of pink on, the furniture was pink, and she was dressed in pink, as always.

"Ah, Miss Pike." She said, angering Y/N even more- why was she acting like she hadn't been expecting her? Did she think she had turned up just for a girly gossip, a nice catch up? "Have a seat, that's right. You're going to be doing some lines for me today."

Y/N's stomach lurched. Lines. Harry had done 'lines'. She felt nauseous. She reached into her bag and pulled out parchment, reaching for her quill, desperately hoping that Umbridge's unexplained hatred for Harry had lead to his punishment, and it would not be the same for her, but she was bitterly disappointed when Umbridge placed a pink quill in front of her silently. Y/N stifled a sigh, having to pretend she didn't already know what was coming her way.

"What is it, you want me to write, professor?" She practically spat.

"You are to write 'I am an attention seeker', alternating with 'I want attention from boys'" She smiled down at Y/N, smug. 

Y/N clenched her teeth. She thought that she had done all of that to impress Cedric? As if it hadn't basically ruined their friendship? 

"Right. How many times?" She managed.

"As many times as it takes for the message to... sink in." She said, an evil glint in her eye as she sat back in her desk chair opposite Y/N.

Y/N took a deep breath and Began to write the words, feeling the scratching on the back of her hand almost instantly. But her anger carried her through, not wanting to give the woman who sat staring at her any sense of satisfaction, so she pretending that nothing was wrong. She kept her breathing steady, her face neutral as she continued to write the two phrases in her neatest handwriting, knowing it would annoy Umbridge more. When after a few minutes she felt Umbridge's gaze on her still, she looked up and met her eyes.

"Is something wrong, professor?" She asked sweetly, blinking wide eyed at her.

It was Umbridge's turn to clench her teeth, before she shook her head. "Just carry on." She spat. Y/N responded with a smile, before returning to her lines.

In reality, her hand burned with the words she was carving over and over again into herself. She didn't want Umbridge to see her falter even slightly, so she didn't allow her skin to stitch itself back together before she continued writing. 

At three in the morning, Umbridge decided she had enough. "You may go, Miss Pike."

As Y/N rose from her seat and began to leave, Umbridge darted forward and grabbed her left wrist, grinning in relieved and triumphant pleasure when she saw that the words had in fact made their way onto Y/N's skin, despite the girl's best efforts to hide it. 

"Same time tomorrow, Miss Pike." She dropped her wrist, allowing Y/N to leave, exhausted and in pain.