IV

A/N: This is a bit of a filler chapter but it is relevant to the story; it's V's perspective. (NOT P.O.V!!) But it begins in Uzi's perspective (NOT P.O.V!!).

This may or may not become a bit strange. (DW lol I have strict morals - this book is NOT steamy).

---

"Those things," thought Uzi, trekking closer to the spire of corpses.

After searching the snow for the part she needed for her railgun, her studio sensors picked up a sudden whoosh.
Instinctively, she made a beeline for anything that could cover her. This car should suffice.

Using a shard of a mirror she tried to look at her predator. Silky smooth hair, yellow eyes, and fangs? A Murder Drone - in the metal.

It gulped oil from a head, before tossing it away. In an instant, it was gone. Uzi's eyes hollowed as she looked around. Where was it? Where was it...?

SHCK

A stinger impaled her hand.
She yelped from the pain.
She took her railgun, and fired.

The blast sent them off in opposite directions.
"It totally works!" Uzi yelled in victory.

But her victory was short-lived. For the monster grew his head back. Reaching for the gun again - her eyes hollowed out.
"A 30 MINUTE RECHARGE?!" Uzi thought this was preposterous. She scanned the snow for anything she could use to put off her demise - even if it just was for a few seconds. An arm!

She picked it up and charged, then slapped the Murder Drone with it.
It rebooted - and the lights on his head... Stayed yellow. He saw clearly. This was another victim. He could destroy her.
Torture her.
Make her suffer.

It showed on his face. His eyes were an "X" and his smile was horrifying.

This is it.

She'll die in vain.

The Murder Drone will kill her...

Would her Father care?

Her Father... Thad... And her Mother.

Her Mother might miss her. Or maybe she'll meet her?
"What would death be like?" She muttered, confusing the creature who was circling her, hands swapped for claws.
She remembered Lizzy.
She remembered how they hated her - and wanted her dead.
She remembered the screams of her Mother - faintly - it was terrible.

"Why do I care?" She asked aloud, hands slumping by her side, "My Dad would leave me for dead if it meant his doors were unharmed,"
She began ranting.

A small part of her wondered why her demise was letting her speak. Did he wish her to suffer? Was it honor or something? To let your prey say their final words?

She smelled something burning.
Oh.
Her hand was stung.

Was the creature waiting for her to die?

It didn't have the gall to kill her?

What about the head it gulped from?

Was it even his kill? Now that she thought about it, the claw marks didn't match; it was shot by a laser...

Was-was it a coward?

Uzi scoffed. Which shocked the creature, it stopped in it's tracks and squatted down right in front of her - so they both could be eye-level.
He glanced at the circle-trail he made, satisfied.
Perhaps it was to tell his squad mates that it was his kill?
After all, there's never just one Murder Drone. They come in squads and armies; if you see a lone one - know it most definitely is not.