announcements: 06-07-2024

hello hello hellaurrr everyone!

hope y'll are doing well :P

here's some announcements i wanted to make, its okay if you skip the whole part, but don't skip the part about internet safety and emails, i will come haunting for ya.

➸ RCA winners have been announced, go check it out and claim your stickers if you haven't yet!

➸ I had my first cyberbullying experience. Yay. (NO- i am not joking about a serious topic. something did happen, but i also do not wish to elaborate.)

➸ i am declaring the action/adventure results void. and this is after careful consideration of everything. i am currently reviewing the books, but- its difficult because my mental health after the whole mishap hasn't been very great either.

if i don't agree with the scores/reviews, i also shouldn't stick to the declared results. that's me being lazy about the process and i should do better.

i already did two books and both those people have told me that this time, the constructive feedback was ACTUALLY helpful. five more to go, but i promise to get to the end of it by 10th, hopefully ;-;

➸ wattpad contests seem to be struck with a plague called: "DRAMA" and its like every host is facing some sort of distress. i had participated in one of the contests and the host mentioned about their works (not just the awards and prices, books too) were plagiarized. i think some of you know, but okay, we'll keep it vague here.

not that wattpad was short of drama, past two months have been a plague, so if you're currently hosting an awards or want to host - GOODLUCK and GODSPEED.

and you can, of course, reach out to me, either on this or personal profile in any case you needed help. community lifts each other up, and that's how it should go ✨

➸ another thing that i did want to highlight is about emails

listen people, i don't bother if your email is a spam mail. your email could be spam, your IP address isn't!

the whole reason why i had to rely first on emails was because Wattpad decided to be a dragon and set the DMs on fire which is now ashes now.

email phishing is RELATIVELY TOO COMMON and even if you didn't click on any suspicious links, opening their emails would send a message enough.

if you weren't around at the time of wattpad data breach, ask those who were, and i was one of them. it was quite the scary time - everyone panicking, screaming, yelling whatever about the wattpad mishap and trying to change emails - it was a mess.

so, please for the love of everything PLEASE do not comment your email on the comment sections or message boards ESPECIALLY not in public.

(now please don't proceed to put your phone numbers on the message board since i said no to emails, i will RIOT.)

➸ i know that, because of the DMs being taken down, a lot of them put their business/spam emails out in public, hoping that any communication will be done through that BUT my sweet child (or adult, please don't be mad unless you want to get adopted by me), you're putting yourself in danger.

if i see one more email on the wattpad bio (except for those who have left this fiery place called hell in peace) i am going to give you a time out and make you write- "i will not post my email in public" until you learn your lesson (i am a menace, thank you.)

socials are fine, use VPN if you can afford that, but try to not expose TOO MUCH of your personal data.

➸ i cannot complain about emails being out in the public for LinkedIn, don't bring that argument, extra thirty minutes will be added to your time out otherwise.

the sole purpose i arranged most things through be done through google forms is that while Gmail is not entirely secure, google form is slightly better at handling a large amount of data.

but i realize i slightly went overboard with that idea, but OH WELL. everyone learns somewhere, right?

if you're looking for an alternate mail service, use proton mail, its both secure and smooth (though, a lot of websites might have an issue because of how much Gmail has taken over, but, its a good alternative.)

➸ teen fiction is the only main genre whose results are to be declared, i am hoping to get them by the end of this week or next and everything will be wrapped then.

➸ moving on, i also wanted to ask for a small help. i need someone to help me with creating outlook emails.

i know how to create one, i am just struggling because i need to create them for the winners and i don't have enough time to invest. i will give you the list of emails and the passwords that you can use, but any one volunteer would work.

and i am choosing outlook because i found that its one of those where you don't have to give phone verification, at least not if you're doing it by providing enough time between creation of each one of them.

i will explain the process if you agree, just please comment if you're interested or can volunteer.

➸ as the emails get created, i will get to updating the JotForm where, in the similar fashion to RCA awards stickers, you'll be able to collect for Cloud Awards, except, it'd be a drive link with all your winning stickers, covers (if applicable) and the document with the login details.

that's for now, i don't have much to add or say, but i probably might have more announcements when i have something to say.

hope you have a great day/night!

cheers,
thetranquilityteam!