141-150

141

"I'll send her back. Don't worry." Ming Ze took a step forward & stood in front of Ji Jing. The Ji family treated Ji Jing so badly, yet they still had the cheek to take her away in front of him?

Ji Ying's gaze fell on Ming Ze. The 2 of them looked at each other & immediately understood what the other was thinking. Ji Ying's subtle unhappiness & sense of crisis intensified.

"I'm her brother. Of course, I have to ensure her safety." Ji Ying narrowed his eyes, unwilling to be outdone. His words clearly emphasized that it was not safe to be around Ming Ze, a person of unknown origin.

"With me around, she will be very safe & will never be wronged." Ming Ze looked straight at Ji Ying. His height advantage made him look particularly oppressive. Weren't these 'brothers' the ones who made Ji Jing suffer? "What kind of parent would allow their daughter to leave with a stranger?" Ji Ying sneered.

Ji Ying was very smart. He knew that he didn't have much of a relationship with Ji Jing, so he used Ji Ming as a banner.

"I'll pay u a formal visit. u don't have to worry." Ming Ze gritted his teeth.

"You?" Ji Ying said disdainfully. "What do u have..."

"Stop! Stop! Stop!" Ji Jing was speechless as she separated the 2 people who were about to fight.

Why did the 2 of them quarrel? What were they arguing about? Why couldn't she understand?

Why was Ji Ying so anxious? Were they close? This sounded like something that would only happen in a scene where Ji Yao eloped with her boyfriend.

"I don't need u to send me off. I can walk on my own, okay?" Ji Jing's mind was in a whirl, & she decided to flip the table.

"How are u going? This place is 60 km's away from the city." Ji Ying frowned & disagreed.

"Take this." Ji Jing waved her hand & pointed at the bus stop beside her. "The national public transportation system runs once an hour. u don't need to rely on anyone to travel independently!"

"Are u crazy? You'll need to take the bus for three hours to get back!" Ji Ying was speechless.

Ji Jing raised her eyebrows. Ji Ying was speechless. Ming Ze was speechless.

Ji Ying & Ming Ze looked at each other. Sparks flew everywhere, & neither of them took a step back.

"Then I'll accompany u on the bus." Ji Ying gritted his teeth. His car was parked at a nearby homestay. At most, he would find someone to drive it back tomorrow.

"No need." Ji Jing pointed at Ji Ying's car. "You borrowed this car from someone else's homestay, right? If u take the bus, who will drive the car back? If u stay here for a night, where will the homestay owner park when he comes back at night?"

Ji Jing's interrogation rendered Ji Ying speechless, but Ji Ying still refused to agree. The three of them quarrelled for a while until the bus arrived at the station.

Ji Jing jumped into the car before the door closed, leaving the 2 of them outside. "Bye!"

This girl! Ji Ying immediately understood why Ji Yi was sulking at the door in the morning. Ji Jing always used this method to dump people!

He did not understand. Was there a nail in his car? Why was she so unwilling when he took the initiative to give her a ride?

Ming Ze calmly watched Ji Jing leave, but he wasn't angry. Instead, after Ji Jing & the car disappeared at the end of the road, he politely said to the angry Ji Ying, "Farewell."