161-170

161

"It's true. They were trapped by the water. Moreover, this water was not ordinary water. It was huge & deep, & it was very difficult to break free. It feels like the sea." The local god was also very puzzled. Logically speaking, it was impossible for them to be in the sea. These children were humans & not whales. How could they stay in the sea all the time?

"D City is only famous for its freshwater lake. The rest are small rivers. Or maybe it was a reservoir, but the reservoir was very small." Bai Wang thought for a moment. This was the only thing related to water.

The situation had reached a stalemate.

The local god was pacing back & forth with his hands behind his back. Suddenly, his phone rang again.

It was from the mother of her 1st child. She prayed devoutly every day. To be able to make an atheist suddenly become a believer who prayed to God & Buddha, it was obvious that he was already at the end of his rope.

"Since we don't have any leads for the time being, why don't we go to that lake to take a look 1st?" Since, these children are all in D City, we should go & investigate," Ji Jing suggested."

She asked for the opinions of others, & Ming Ze naturally supported all her decisions. The local god hesitated & agreed.

"I'll lead the way!" Bai Wang said excitedly.

"You'd better stay by your sister's side." The local god shook his head. Bai Wang was still underage. How could he let him take the risk?

"Then do u know the way to D City? I've lived there for more than 10years. It can be said that the local tour guide isn't as familiar as me. Are u sure u don't need someone like me who knows the way to lead the way?

Bai Wang refused to admit defeat. "Maybe I can help u ask the locals if they have any clues. Oh right, D City has its own dialect. u probably don't know how to speak it, right? If u don't know how to speak it, the locals might not tell u many things."

Ever since Bai Wang was saved by the local god when he was a child, he had been very curious about these metaphysics. His parents did not allow him to go looking for information privately. He definitely did not want to miss such an opportunity to participate in it personally.

"Alright, then u must follow us closely & keep in touch at all times." Ji Jing agreed helplessly. What Bai Wang said made sense.

She took out a brocade bag & handed it to Bai Wang. "Take this. If there's any danger, crush the thing inside. Don't let her not be saved..." Bai Wang was in danger.

"How is that possible? I'm very smart." Bai Wang took it confidently.

"No one will think that they will be deceived, but there will always be people who will be deceived." Ming Ze said lightly.

Bai Wang choked & scratched his hair, saying reluctantly, "Got it."

After Ji Jing & Bai Wang got to know each other, they realized that this rebellious child wasn't that rebellious. He was still very easy to communicate with.

Actually, that brocade bag was a housewarming gift that Jing had prepared for Lin Han. It didn't matter if she gave it to Bai Wang now. She could just make another one. However, this just happened to remind Ji Jing that if she wanted to go to D City to look for someone, she would have to cancel her appointment with Lin Han.

Although she was a little apologetic, Ji Jing still had to tell Lin Han. She gave Lin Hanbo a call & explained what had happened to her.

"It's okay. It must be a big deal if someone goes missing. I'm not in a hurry." Lin Han was very understanding. "However, can I ask about the characteristics of the missing children?"