Chapter XXIV

Sakura has always prided herself on her punctuality, and how could she not? She had been taught it since she was 5. Tardiness meant you were disorganized, and being disorganized meant you were sloppy and undisciplined. All being grave weaknesses in the eyes of her dad.

But today her impeccable time management skills are put to the test when Kazuha starts kissing her under the shower, which, in hindsight, they should have taken separately. Although she doubts that it would have saved her from miserably failing that test either way. Since when they stumble out of the bathroom, they very quickly end up on Sakura's bed, and the concept of time gets lost in between bruising kisses, husky moans, urgent tugs, and eager licks.

As everything comes to a crashing end for the second time, and she lays on her back, with Kazuha slumped on top of her, the hours, minutes, and seconds slip back into her consciousness, and she glances to her nightstand—4:40 pm.

"We need to take a taxi," she mutters, her voice hoarse and breathless. "And we need to take another shower."

Kazuha hums in approval against her throat. "Do you want to take it together? Or should I go to my room?"

"And do you promise to behave yourself?"

There's a momentary pause followed by a way too gleeful 'No'.

Sakura chuckles. "Then you have your answer."

With a quiet groan, Kazuha peels herself away from her, and after pecking her lips, she jumps off the bed and flees to her room. Sakura stares at the door, waiting for her legs to stop feeling like jelly and thinking that Nakamura Kazuha just may be her biggest weakness, but she's undoubtedly the sweetest of them all.

And she doesn't mind giving in to her over and over again.

🌸🍃

After an almost hour-long taxi ride, five angry text messages from Chaewon, and a quick stop at a store for apology snacks, they finally arrive at Yunjin's and Chaewon's place.

"Finally!" Chaewon opens the door, her demeanor akin to that of a strict mother whose child has broken curfew, but upon noticing the gifts they carry, her harsh look softens.

"Come in, come in." Yunjin bounds up to her like the Golden Retriever she is and beckons at them with a grin.

Since it's Kazuha's first visit, the blonde grabs her by the arm and gives her a little tour of the apartment. Sakura, in the meantime, follows Chaewon to the kitchen.

"What would you like to drink? We have beer, soju, red wine, and some plum wine," Chaewon lists while taking out the wines from a cupboard.

Sakura contemplates for a moment, her fingertips drumming on the kitchen table, but decides that drinking alcohol isn't the best idea. It always lowers her inhibitions, makes her a little too emotional, and she can imagine not being able to keep her hands off Kazuha if she gets tipsy.

"Just water is fine."

Chaewon lifts an eyebrow at her answer but complies, passing her a glass of water with a 'suit yourself ' attitude while she chooses plum wine for herself.

"Zuha, want some beer?" Yunjin asks as she bursts into the kitchen like a Category 5 hurricane and yanks open the fridge door, making everything inside rattle.

Chaewon doesn't even flinch. She's probably used to it.

Following the blonde with contrasting calmness, Kazuha enters the kitchen and stops beside Sakura. "Nah, I'm not a big fan of beer," she replies.