i left.

one day i woke up and she wasn't there anymore.

her red roots weren't spread all across the extra-fluffy pillows i bought just for her comfort.

her vanilla-scented shampoo was gone from the shower shelf.

all the strange vegan incredients and foods she kept in my fridge, - gone. my cabinets weren't filled anymore and as i walked through my apartment, i noticed how empty and cold it now seemed.

there weren't any more candles. no burrito wrappers, notebooks or multiple, dirty jordans laid across the hallway.

the feeling was something i would never be able to put into words. i was scattered, but not suprised. surely terrified, yet so calm.

my fingers slowly made their way to wipe away my own tears.

the house was filled with sadness. every inch screamed loneliness, sadness, emptiness. every part of the white walls reminded me of her. they were useless now, since they only reminded me of the love felt inside them. it wasn't home anymore, - it was just an apartment, a complex of rooms that had no purpose.

the only thing left behind was a note.

the air was thick, almost so thick that billie would've needed to use the inhaler she took with her. even though my chest burned with a mix of longing and anger for my oh-so-loved girlfriend, i leaned down to grab the piece of paper from the couch. i opened it with shaky hands.

"i left."