Backstory

A/N: Dream was born with red eyes, we will see why she has green eyes later.

A five year old, Madelyn June Watson was at a gala, a gala she had to attend due to status and charity. She walked with her mother and father, Sirelle and Mason Watson, they were making conversation with what she had heard were the Wayne's, Queen's and Stark's. Across from her stood, seven year old, Bruce Wayne, six year old, Anthony Stark and, five year old, Olivia Queen.

The three were quiet, until Moira Queen, Olivia's mother, too them into the gardens. Moira sat down on a bench, taking a deep breath and letting the preschoolers talk and run around. Madelyn sat down on the grass, looking a the stars, two shadows cast next to her own, showing that Tony and Bruce sat down next to her. Maddie was confused as Olivia sat down in her lap.

Looking to her side, she moved to be comfortable and add Bruce and Tony to this little group thing, Tony leant into Bruce's chest, letting Maddie lean into Tony's chest, Olivia just readjusted herself. They spoke back and forth about the stars and constellations they saw.

They spoke for hours on end, eventually, the Watson's, Wayne's, Queen's and Stark's came outside. The four families sat on the grass, just talking, the gala had been let out already so there was no reason to be outside.

It was around 10 pm when the four children were asleep. Still young.

It was a time when Maddie was 16, she had been kidnapped at 12, forced into the Court of Owls, her once red eyes were now gold when she express too much emotion. She was on a mission, kill a rich man who was getting too close to figuring out the secret of the Court of Owls.

Maddie crouched behind the man's kitchen counter as he passed the kitchen. She silently followed him, disabling his alarm system on the way. The man flipped around, trying to surprise her. He shot her near the heart, puncturing her lungs, blood dripped out of Maddie's chest, she launched a throwing knife at him, it hit him between his eyes.

Maddie walked out of the house, pulling the bullet out of her chest, it was coated with poison that slowed her healing factor down. She collapsed in front of someone, looking up she saw a beautiful woman, with  tan skin, brown hair and green eyes. The woman helped her up and took her with her. Put her into the Lazarus Pit, inducing her with Pit Rage and sanity problems, her physical strength and mental strength. Now Maddie's eyes were almost never green as she didn't get angry easily.

She learnt that the woman's name was Talia Al Ghul, who, due to the Court, she knew was the daughter of the Demons Head, Ra's Al Ghul. Over her time away from the Court and with the League, she learnt a lot, was forced to get a doctorate in psychology, medicine, surgery and more, basically and health side of things and she, next to Lady Shiva, was a top assassin. She and Talia were close, once Maddie turned 20 she and Talia had a one night stand, both didn't feel awkward nor disgusted at what they did, no, in fact, they were closer, a few months later they were friends with benefits.

Then Talia had Maddie leave the League as she, Talia, was never meant to have emotional connections. Even then they kept in touch, Maddie was still the only one in Talia's life to easily create a connection to Talia, they both held each other on a podium, one having deep feelings for the other and vice verse, though Talia understood, after an explanation from Maddie, that Talia was the only one she had such feelings for. Olivia and Bruce were held to that. Talia said she would wait till they day they meet again in person and will wait till she meets Olivia and Bruce.

------

Maddie woke up on a plane, 27 years old fresh out of law and culinary school, at the time it was 10hr30 am. She was on her way to Britain, she had just spent the day with her friend, Bruce's ward, Dick Grayson, it was his birthday at the time. Olivia had just gotten back from Lian Yu, the island she was stranded on. They had a welcome back party for her.