03

Maddie sighed as she walked out of the zeta-tube, pulling her cowl off and sending a message from her holopad to Carrie about her being able to come over.

She walked up stairs and into her living room, relaxing on the couch knowing that Carrie would be here to stay for a few days in a few days.

Maddie sat down for about five minutes before taking her vigilante suit off. Putting a dark academia outfit on. You imagine it.

Maddie sat in the living room before she heard

B34 — Batgirl

From the zeta-tube. Maddie got up and went to the cave, waiting at the door at the end of the stairs for Carrie.

"Mami." Carrie hugged Maddie. "Hey, darl, how are you?" Maddie asked, walking Carrie up the stairs. "Mm. I'd've be better." Carrie mumbled. "We can talk about it later if you want to?" Maddie asked, Carrie shook her head. "I'd rather not, can I just have something eat and then take a nap?" She asked, Maddie nodded. "You know where you room is. I'll bring some food." Maddie smiled, letting Carrie walk upstairs.

Maddie got a plate of Shepherd's Pie and left it with Carrie, telling her that she had to go out.

Maddie set her teleporter to Punz's location.

Dream:) teleported to Punz

Maddie landed next to Punz with her feet on the ground, thoroughly scaring Punz, he tripped from where he was originally walking.

"Punz, I need help with something. I wanted to collect wood for a Summer house."

"Sure, Mads." Punz said, getting up anf dusting himself off.

-----------------------------------------------

Tim Drake. He sat in his room now. On the floor, next to his bed. He had jut gotten back from WE, he was seriously considering going to his maman's island. He had known Carrie had went there for the same reason he was considering going.

The reason, more reasons, sat carved into his face, mind, his laughter, that he had never let escape after the incident, his smile, into this entire being, down to his blood cells.

Obviously. Jason hadn't been the only one to have problems with the Joker, but Tim's problem. That was a problem that no one but Bruce, Maddie and Babs knew.

The green hair he once had been forced to have, the wide smile, the laugh that was ingrained into every fibre of his being, the stockholm syndrome that sometimes took ahold of him when he saw the Joker, or even Harley.

The deep urge, one that had been put there by the Joker and Harley combined, to call them his parents. Now. Tim even in his Joker high delirium knew that is wasn't healthy, but that's what is was.

Don't misunderstand, Madelyn June Watson was still his mother and Bruce Thomas Wayne was still his father, just as much as Janet Jenelle Drake was his mother and Jackson Carlton Drake was his father.

But,

Something had been going through Tim's mind lately. He had, just recently, had the time to go through his fuck ups. He had forced himself into the Bruce Wayne's —read the fucking BATMAN'S— life, unintentionally.

He never meant to stay in the family, just a place holder for when either Jason returned or when another better person can take up the role.

Then Jason came back, then Jason almost killed him, then Damian turned up, then Kon died and Bart went missing, considered dead, then Cassie couldn't take it and went to Themyscira, then Bruce died, then Maddie went to a high scale prison, then he theorized that Bruce wasn't dead and was inafct pushed into the timestream, then when he tried telling Dick he told him he was being delirious, which Tim knew already, but didn't need to be told, then Dick made Damian, Robin, it hurt Tim that he was replaced, but knew it was inevitable, he went on a trip around the world collecting clues Bruce left, he met Pru, Owens and Z, he worked with the League of Assassins, found the last clues of Bruce's whereabouts in the timestream, got attacked by the Court of Spiders, got stabbed in the spleen while in the desert Owens and Z died in said desert, got a splectomy (spleen removed) from the League without his consent, helped the League remove the Court of Spiders of it's position, E.I, killed the entire Court of Spiders, sent all the information about Bruce's whereabouts to the League, met with Ra's in WE, got pushed out the window when Ra's' plan didn't work, got caught midair by Dick, they pulled Bruce out of the stream, Stephanie was tracked down by her father and was presumed dead, she was not.

Tim, after all that, wanted to run to one of his parents. Be it dying and meeting his mother and father, be it running into Bruce's arms, be it run into Maddie's arms.

Be it run into the Joker and Harley's arms.

Tim was feeling the stockholm syndrome and wanted to throw up at the thought that he, Tim Drake, Red Robin, Joker Junior, and whatever else name he has, wanted to run to the Joker, of all people.

It upset him. Today was the day that Carrie's death, by the Joker, was announced many years ago, only a year after Jason's death.

In a month or two, it would be the date of the day Tim was kidnapped by his papa and mama, the day the Joker and Harley kidnapped him.

This sicken Tim, to no extent. Every year on that day, as well as the day his parents, Jack and Janet Drake, died, he was selectively mute. He didn't say anything depending on the person. He normally stayed in a room in one of the empty corridors of the manor, one Alfred knew he used and left him to use it.

It was a room where Tom had anything he'd need for an entire day, be it entertainment, food, there was a bathroom off to the side of the room for convenience, Tim had taken to leaving a change of clothes, his extra blankets, his extra laptop, anything to entertain him.

He had sound proofed the room because of said entertainment, as his laugh would no doubt drop trauma on most his siblings like a fighter jet over head.

His very being is everything his parents made.

His father, Jack Drake made, a son with amazing business skills, world's number one detective and computer interlect, his mother Janet Drake had made, a daughter with a smart mouth, tight lip, no nonsense attitude, his second father Jack Nappier, the Joker, had made a crude little killer of a son with a sickening laugh and skilled stealth, his second mother, Harleen Quinnzel, the Harley Quinn, made an insane daughter with the skills of a psychiatrist and the brain of the murderer and matyr, his third father and third mother, Bruce Wayne, the Batman, and Madelyn Watson, Nightmare, made him who he is today. They were the ones to put the parental finishing touches.

Maddie knew he still suffered from stockholm syndrome. She had, many times before, offered a helping hands. He didn't know if he need therapy for the Joker bit, he had long worked out his feelings with that situation, deciding that though they weren't the best of his parent they were still to be acknowledged as such, even if just by himself.

-----------------------------------------------

When Maddie had learnt about Tim's experience with the Joker and Harley, she hated how similar her and Tim were.

Her experience with the Court of Owls wasn't the best—