24. "Because I got jealous."

"If it won't be too much of a problem at such short notice." I spoke. We called JYPE and asked if the tiktoks could be filmed today and get done with it, especially since we were filming something already.

"Give me a minute. I'll put you on hold as I check if they have time." Robot lady spoke, and for some reason I got chills. Vic was explaining to the camera crew how we'd want our angles to be while Madi was helping get the lights ready.

"No, it's fine. Take your time." I answered, and a soothing song started playing as she paused the call. "I'm on hold. Need help?" I called, and a girl who looked a few years older than me stopped in front of me.

"Hey Elle. I'm the manager of the studio, Kim Sunmi. I hope it's okay if I stay and make sure everything goes to plan?" A weird alarm went off in the back of my head as she spoke, but I shook it off and smiled at her.

"No problem. There's snacks there that we brought for everyone if you want." She bowed her head to me, and just before waking away, she winked, causing a chill to run down my spine. That weird feeling stayed until the music stopped and a voice came through the other side.

"Everything looks okay for today. They'll be done practicing at four. Is that okay?" Robot lady asked, and my heart stuttered in excitement. I checked the time and smiled when I realized we'd probably still be busy since it's only now 2pm.

"That's fine. Thank you." I gave her our address, and she hung up. 

***

"Remember that song I told you guys about the day before Elle's accident? I was thinking of doing a Katy Perry song." Vic stretched her legs out and moved into a split. We sat alone in the studio, waiting for the boys to show up. We didn't want to change yet, just in case they show up while we're half naked. 

We did our dance cover of 16 shots today. And currently, we sat in our black outfit as we did the white one first. For our white, we wore cargo pants and a crop top and had strings that wrapped around our waist and arms. For the black, we surprisingly found another pair of black cargos, but we paired them with a sheer long-sleeved top that came with a black bra for underneath.

The crew left a while ago, as it took us an hour and twenty-six minutes to film it all as we had to change. But otherwise, the lighting was easy, as we didn't do anything extra and just had it set dimly, and we didn't make mistakes, which ended in us doing two takes per outfit. 

"Yeah? Which one?" I asked as I joined her in stretching my legs. We told Ross that this would be our last dance cover before the release and that we wanted to do solo covers. We decided on solos since we weren't sure how many more we'd have time for once we started doing our own music. 

We then spoke about different songs to do and which would seem better, and then we started planning what song Mads and I would sing. Vic's phone rang, and when she answered, a small blush took over. Peeking at Madi, she shrugged as we watched Vic. 

"That was Leeknow. They're on their way." She quickly got up and walked to the restroom as Madi and I stared wide-eyed after her. 

***

"What if we do a dance to S-Class, and as Changbins part starts, you know, hip-hop step, you guys join in?" I suggest. We've been deciding on which dance to do for almost five minutes now. We planned to do a regular TikTok challenge of their song, Lalalala, but Felix and Vic asked if we couldn't do a full dance as a surprise to our fans. We all agreed on that, but then no one knew which song to do as we didn't know all their dances. All except the four we already covered. 

"We could either do the full dance and then you guys come in at Changbins part, or we do a regular TikTok dance, but then you guys just pop in halfway through and still get the surprise." Madi asked as I scanned everyone's faces, stopping when I locked eyes with Chan, who sat across from me. He winked at me, and a blush rushed up, causing him to smile so wide that his dimple showed.