13. "I basically ran over."

I woke up in a bright room that was filled with noise. But the noises were far away, which made me think I was either just in a closed-off room or going deaf. And I doubted this was what going deaf felt like. Did your hearing fade slowly, or did you just wake up from whatever you went through and couldn't hear anything? I need to look that up because I was very curious.

Trying to move to lay more comfortably, I groaned as pain shot through my arm and down my back, as well as in my head. Blinking a few more times to clear up the blur, I met Vic's eyes. She was still in her pajamas, as was Madi, who stood next to her. Looking around proved we were at the hospital.

Suddenly, my memories came back, making my heart race as I thought of the person who was responsible for all this and how they're still out there.

"Are you okay?" Madi whispered, and I nodded. Their eyes were red, as were their whole faces. Their hair was messy, like they just woke up. Did they just wake up? How long were we here? I breathed deeply to calm my heart before speaking.

"I'm okay. What happened?" All I remember was the brick with the threat on it hitting me and falling. Nothing else. Not even a fuzzy memory. Just blank.

"You passed out. Concussion, the doctor said. A few cuts, but nothing major; just a few stitches on your shoulder, but that's all. She was busy, so she might not come see you, but later a nurse will check on you." Vic spoke. She sat by my feet as Madi continued to stand. Nodding, I closed my eyes again.

"Are you guys okay? I don't remember what happened." I kept my eyes closed, as it helped with the headache. Vic laid her hand on my leg and just rubbed it soothingly.

"We called the police, and you passed out, so we called the ambulance. And yes, we're okay. Don't worry about us; you took it all." Madi spoke, her voice shaky. I sighed and nodded. "Also I..." She trailed off as a knock came through.

"Is she awake?" My eyes shot open at the voice as tears formed and ran down. I looked toward the sound, and my heart melted at the sight of him.

Chan was here.

He wore black shorts and a black hoodie with sneakers. His hair was curly and ruffled. He had his mask in his hand, which he probably just took off. He walked towards me, Madi taking a step back and moving to stand on the other side of the bed as Chan came closer. When he reached me, he slowly lifted his hand and cupped my cheek softly, avoiding the cuts.

"Can I hug you?" He whispered, and through the pain, I nodded and lifted myself up. He leaned over and wrapped his arms around my waist as mine went around his neck. He squeezed me tightly, but not too much to be uncomfortable.

His hug was warm and comforting. I felt safe. His hug felt like a cup of hot chocolate after a long day of work in the winter. Warm, beautiful, safe, and perfect.

The longer we hugged, the less I thought of what happened and more of how perfect this hug was. How perfect he was. Even after we were told to never speak to each other, he still found a way to check on me. To make sure I was okay. More tears rushed forward, and my body began shaking from the sobs, making him squeeze tighter.

"You're okay?" He asked against my hair, and I nodded. He moved back and kissed my forehead before resting his against mine.

"You scared the shit out of me, Elle. I basically ran over." He spoke, his breath touching my face and smelling like mint.

Pulling away, I looked up at him. He was standing uncomfortably to hug me better, so I moved to the side, making space for him. He sat down, pressing against my good shoulder. He took my hand and kissed my palm.

"Where were you, though? You're fully dressed." Madi asked from where she stood. My heart stopped when I realized they were still there. Biting my lip, I leaned my head on his shoulder. He squeezed my hand.