A Bitter Reunion

Amber could only stare between the two in confusion and apprehension. It didn't look like a happy reunion. How did they even know each other? This Phayu guy didn't go to their school and Rain had never mentioned him before. Rain looked like he was going to cry again any moment. This guy didn't look like good news to be honest. She just wanted to leave now.

"Thanks for helping us. We'll be leaving now." Amber bowed respectfully and tugged Rain to follow her.

Phayu grabbed Rain's wrist and yanked him back making him tumble into Phayu's chest. Amber didn't like the way they stared at each other. There was definitely some history here but Amber wasn't in right state of mind to deal with it. Maybe later when she didn't feel like a truck ran over her.

"Let him go." She used as much authority she could muster at the moment.

Phayu paid no heed to her words as he had Rain flush against his chest not letting him leave. Well, it didn't look like Rain was even trying to leave. He didn't look away from Phayu even for a second. Amber was getting distraught. As if the entire evening hadn't been a roller coaster of trauma, she now had to deal with a unexplained past of Rain. Not now, at least not now. She could handle this load better some other time but at this very moment, she wanted to be at home surrounded by people she loved and feel safe. Now that adrenaline had weared off she was crashing. Just standing up took lots of effort. Why wasn't Rain coming to her?

She tried once more, "Rain....please.
Let's go."

Phayu spoke once again disregarding her, "Rain, we need to talk."

"P'Phayu....."

Amber was feeling light headed. The pain was hitting her now. All the wounds were throbbing like crazy and she just wanted to lie down. Why wouldn't anyone listen to her? Was this any time to have conversation? They should be at home while her brothers pampered and fussed over her. She needed to feel loved.

"Rain come to-"

The loud thud distracted them from their conversation. Amber had fainted while they were busy staring into each other's eyes. Rain pushed away from Phayu and rushed to her side. He looked around for help. He needed to get her to hospital. She looked in pain with all the bruises marring her body. How could he get distracted? He should have focused on her instead of having a staring contest with his.....Phayu. Poor Amber must've been in so much pain. This was all his fault anyway.

Phayu felt irritation creep in at being interrupted by that girl. Why does she keep butting in their conversation? Rain looked completely lost. Phayu couldn't just leave Rain in this predicament. He called his driver and helped both of them to the hospital. Rain had tried to refuse the help but he wasn't really in situation to do so. Amber was his priority right now and he could deal with other things later. When they had reached the hospital, Rain felt apprehension set in. Revanta Hospital was owned by Phayu's parents. One more favor. Before he could think of getting to another hospital, they were already in the vip room.