|𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙶𝚘𝚘𝚍𝚋𝚢𝚎 |

|𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒗𝒊𝒄𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈.|

"That's not-..." Satoru was cut off, staring at the figure who seemed to be in the center of this whole mess. He froze, strands of hair waving in the cold night air.

[H/c] stained with red blood that dried too quickly for the male's benefit. Clothes that was equally bloodied with additional dirt, one that was surely gonna be a struggle to get rid of.

Never would he imagine one of his closest friends in this light, in the middle of massacring his entire clan. Not that Satoru could completely blame him, he knew at too well the pressure they both had as respective future heirs but then again he didn't know.

Yet he so desperately wanted to know. He wanted to know so bad so he could help out his friend in what he needed, in what he deserved.

Some people say you never truly know until it's too late. Satoru always thought the quote was kind of cringe and never really understood it. That all seemed to change when one of his closest friends was standing across from him, bloodied, no expression on his face and surrounded by multiple dead bodies of those he had called 'family'.

The white haired male turned around, watching the soul drain out of his best friend, Suguru, who he argued, was the closest to [Y/N].

It was as if the world had stopped, freezing time as the trip stood not far from each other. Satoru could only think about how Shoko was missing this, missing the way their friend turned into a target for them to eliminate. A part of his was grateful she missed it because hd couldn't deal with another heartbreak.

He couldn't come up with a solution. As much as he hated the higher ups and their stupid orders, he couldn't exactly go against them, especially not when the target committed mass murder, wiping out a whole bloodline, a crime punishable by death.

A life for a life.

Maybe in another universe they could've all loved together without these bullshit rules and laws. No responsibilities such as getting rid of curses and protecting the weak. No. Normal things like having a 9 to 5, struggling with everyday things.

He was the strongest, so why couldn't he unsure that for those he cared for? Why couldn't he be strong enough when it actually mattered? WHY.

Blue flames reached out to him, their warmth being anything but harmful but far from inviting. Serving as a warning, a threat, as well as a goodbye.

Blue eyes staring straight at those dead [e/c] eyes, no remorse for what he had done, maybe only remorse for the fact he ruined his friends life. It's crazy how two people born into this world with amazing gifts, not being to different to each other end up drifting in different roads to life.

Satoru could hear his best friends heart shattering, he didn't have to pay much attention to realize this was killing the other male, purple eyes panicking as they look around, hoping this was all a dream, except it wasn't.

This wasn't fantasy, Satoru realized this all too late. This wasn't a game, they couldn't go back on their decisions, they had to live with what they did and face consequences. How he would have loved for them to at least be idiots a little longer, running around exercising curses and what not, fighting with each other playfully or even just talking normally.

Maybe in another world.

Another universe.

Because in this one...

[Y/N] was the perpetrator.

And they were the protectors.

No matter how much time they spent together, or the memories they shared, those times laughing, fighting against each other as well as along side one another, they meant nothing now.

But if they meant nothing. Why was Satoru fighting back tears?

The strongest was never one to show emotion. Not unless it was necessary. Still. Every memory flashed through his head, every one.

Had he not sacrificed enough? Why was the world after those he loves? He sought to fight to protect so why did he have to fight against them?

He couldn't even turn to look at Suguru, knowing the black haired male was way worse than he could ever be. But that didn't matter because they were all grieving the death of their friend.

The death in their eyes but a rebirth in the other.

Really short chapter cuz I've been hella busy and well I have no ideas...

I honestly don't want this story to end because well it gives some something to distract myself with but well all good things have to come to an end.

I hope this is enough for now as I try to think of more things so I would appreciate it if you guys were patient!

Anyways that's all thank you for reading and as always...

See you next time!

-