Chapter 01 - II: Words That Can't Be Spoken

TW: This book will contain stalking, k1ll1ng/mvrder, blood, gore, t0rture, obsession, and other yandere themes. (If you're uncomfortable with any of this, it's either you leave or not. This is only a warning.)
-Don't romanticize this type of behavior in real life.

Word count: 3128

[Edited]

_________________________________________

"The operating table isn'tfor you to go nuts

for you to go nuts."

"Y/n

"Y/n."

The sudden voice calling your name anchors you back from your reverie. Gloves hand making its way atop yours, halting your pensive thoughts as you feel a sense of endearing warmth. Slowly, you gaze your eyes up to look at Nightingale's worried visage. "I'm sorry... There's so much in my mind right now." The words came out more quieter as you spoke. As you lock eyes, you can't help but feel waves of tranquility behind those ocean eyes of hers.

"You should rest more. Don't think too much, it'll only worsen your current well-being." Nightingale wiped the sweat trickling down your forehead with a white cloth despite the air in the room being as cold as ice. You don't know whether it's a dream that you had with Shalom last night. Her face, touch, and voice are almost too real to be true. Although despite it almost giving you a heart attack when you wake up, you told Nightingale about you having a 'nightmare' but never mentioned the name 'Shalom'.

"How long I've been in sleep after I passed out?" You inquired as you gripped the soft sheet veiling half of your body and slightly leaned back at the silk pillows placed behind you. A sigh slipped between Nightingale's lips, contemplating your question. After a moment of silence, she answered; "Almost four-no...three days to be exact."

"The doctors found an injury in your head that triggered the coma. It's not as fatal as it may seem, but it's dangerous." She added. Her thumb gently rubbed your knuckles. You can almost see a bit of vulnerability in her presence from how calm rather than usually stoic she is. After all, it's just the two of you in the room, why would she need to be so worked up? When it's just you whom she trusted the most. "But I'm glad you've woken up already. I'm sure, the Chief would be happy to see you finally getting better."