Chapter 02 - VII: Emotions

A/n: Slightly unproofread. Forgive me I had to publish this at the last hour before sleeping 🖐💀 Imma edit later on.

Word Count: 1624

_________________________________________

A Piece of You.

In a dimly lit room, there used to be a valuable, beautiful gem perched on a plush, fine woven cushion; it was all alone, shining behind that untouched glass

In a dimly lit room, there used to be a valuable, beautiful gem perched on a plush, fine woven cushion; it was all alone, shining behind that untouched glass. Surrounded by layers of deadly lasers, it remained out of reach. Kept away by the wealth-starved thieves.

In general favor, the owner shall be served justice and the thief shall face consequences. But who has the right to keep such an item? An ethereal gem desired by many. Was it the starving thief? Or was it the ignorant keeper? It would be unfair for both parties if the other just takes it without negotiation. One intention is power and one is for the sake of surviving this fucked up society.

One thing is that the gem wasn't really made by nature itself, unlike the natural ones. The gem, beautiful as it is, unfortunately, was created artificially by human hands. Normally, artificial stones were only sold for a few coins; it's not as valuable as the ones that were mined. But the glittering look it gave to every passerby was quite eye-pleasing. It was convincing. Anyone would have thought it was real.

The maker intended to fool the wealthy buyer, and the buyer was fooled indeed. They were robbed dry, and that is there is into it.

That secret was long ago burned into ashes. No longer to be seen or heard. Because the maker had greatly vanished without a trace. And the fools were left scammed with no evidence. Or, that's what they thought.

The buyer was blinded by money; they couldn't care much about it, but with more of a perceptive observation, they figured that the gem held something more.

Power.

Money was good. But power was better. That's what they thought.

As it turns out, the original owner no longer needs it, nor does he want it. He's not old but his death is nearing. And for some reason, he had to sell it away. Not announcing the power it holds. He won't care any longer if the new owners intended on using it for wrong or right. He'll be there, watching from afar anticipating the world to crumble apart.