O2

CHP

CHP. TWO (PART ONE)
a bit of hope and luck

Luminance of the lights inside the two story home can be sighted six houses away. It was her sign that everyone was home besides her. Everyone else in their street has either a light or two open during this hour, but not them.

She arrived at their gateway and took her keys out her pocket.

Her straight long locks of black hair falls in front of her face, as she figures out which key goes with their gate.

She reached out to the padlock the second she found the key and was about to insert it in.

But to her surprise, the blue gate opened; almost making her lunge forward to fall. Fortunately, she didn't lean too much on the gate when she planned to unlock the lock, and was able to maintain her balance on the ground.

"Oh what the heck, you scared me"Says her cousin Felix after flinching from seeing her.

"Where did you come from?"

He asked, taking the chance to get an explanation to why she came home late. Yet before she could part her lips to answer, "Get out of the way, your blocking me"He shooed her to the side.

Felix steps out holding two fully filled garbage bags, and intentionally almost bumps into her.

She scrunches her nose in disgust, "You're disgusting.."

He laughed annoyingly to her mutter and went to throw the trash bags away.

The girl finally entered the gate, and made her way inside their home. She immediately meets her dad who's passing by the foyer; he seems surprised yet thrilled to see her.

"Oh good your home, come quickly"He said, gesturing her to follow him to the dining room.

Clueless to what's happening, she trailed behind the steps of her father. His suppression of fully showing his excitement piques her curiosity to know what he's about to share to her. The sight of a wine box meets her eyes, making her head tilt on the scene.

"This was the last stock i saw at the convenience store, Lizzie"Her dad said proudly.

"Wine?"Lizzie slipped out unintentionally.

Her eyes examined the black box made with firm carton designed with golden patterns crawled across. The large calligraphed "D" caught her attention, and made her realize the situation.