O7

NOTE : I'm aware of  the probable grammar mistakes I made, especially with the use of punctuation marks in the past chapters. I'll work on them in the future. Thank you <3

 Thank you <3

CHP. SEVEN
a suitor's courage

Upon entering the backseat of the vehicle, Nari suppressed a deep sigh; comforted by the sudden isolation. Her evident relief as soon as she entered the car is quickly acknowledged by her mother who's sitting on the driver seat. Her eyes were able to take a look of Nari through the rear view mirror—she's looking at someone from a distance.

Curious to know what Nari is looking at, she directed her gaze to the window beside her; seeing a tall figure idling by the hotel's main entrance. He was no stranger to her, as she witnessed him grow up from a little boy to a young man. She met Von during her early employment in Demariont and was able to know him deeper courtesy to his entanglement with her daughter.

"He grew up well in a span of almost two years.."Nari heard her mother utter as she begins to drive.

"How are you?"She asked the girl, "How was the lunch? Was it good?"

Nari responded with a hum, which led to a complete silent atmosphere right after.

"It was alright"She realized her earlier response wasn't enough to answer any of the questions her mother asked her.

"Looks like you and Von talked before you left"

"A bit"

Nari swiftly crosses her arms and turns her head to the window on her right, "He just asked if I had a ride that's all"She casually brushes it off, appearing unbothered.

Her behavior towards the situation took her mother to surprise. She wasn't expecting her to be this laidback and competent, taking in mind how everything ended between the two.

As her eyes gaze at the infrastructures moving as they drive, a subtle vibration came off her phone, drawing her eyes to look at the notification. Nari looked at the e-mail that she received from a personnel affiliated with Demariont. It discloses the schedule planned for tomorrow, and the designated meet up place.

Alabaster Hills, Demario Estate

~

Spending her first hour out of school for the summer, Nari finds herself in the back of the car, on the way to a place she isn't informed about. The fresh junior year completer silently observes the contrasting view she sees outside the window. The greenery and natural scenery absent from the busy life in the city can be greatly appreciated in the uphill paths they're taking.

Her mother driving the car is visibly tense just by observing her body language. Nari's aware that she has an important presentation this afternoon which is why she can't afford the time to drop her off at their house before heading straight to the meeting place. Nevertheless, it was usual for her to accompany her mother in certain work affairs.