Chapter Eleven.

Flowers & projects
Erika
. . .

I find it increasingly harder to focus during History when I'm sitting next to Rachel who subjectively or objectively or whatever- see, I can't even find the write words! Good. Or, maybe she looks both.

Either way, today her curls are in a half up- half down style, she's wearing lip close and pretty colorful beaded bracelets and her nails are painted pink.

The smell of her flowered perfume spins around my head and I can't help it, I know doing it will drive her crazy so I do.

I call myself "repositioning" in my chair and while doing so place my hand on her lap for support, she stiffens, like actually stops breathing and all, and this makes me smile.

"What?" I look at her innocently, removing my hand.

"Nothing" she says quietly as Mr. A keeps drowning on and on about how he expects our projects to be done.

"You know we probably should start working on our projects today" I whisper.

"Okay" she answers simply. Oops, guess I messed with her too much?

Although it never really takes much, does it?

"That's it?" My brows furrow, "no regular Rachel reluctance?"

She shakes her head, a tint of red flushing onto her cheeks, "no, but the twins are-"

"Ms Martin and Ms Parker, care to tell the class what's more important than the project?" Mr. Ansley interjects with a clear of hostility throat, standing in the middle of the isle of desk next to Rachel.

Rachel's cheeks flush red, "uh, sorry Mr. Ansley" she whispers.

"Sorry" I say, but neither of us mean it because as soon as he leaves I brush my leg against hers and she stiffens again.

"Erika Parker" she whispers, "stop it".

"Stop what?" I ask innocently, staring at her, she looks hack at me and holds my gaze but when I trail my finger down her arm, as somewhat of a joke, whatever staring contest we had going on is over.

And I've won.

Right after the bell rings and she as usual, tries to gather her things as fast as possible- well, everything but her phone, when is left in her seat. Once I see it I pick it up.

"Rachel" I pout, grabbing her shirt before she can dart off.

"Hm?"

"Come here" I chuckle, slowly tugging her towards me.

"What, you've messed with me all class period what do you-"

She stops talking when I dangle her phone in between my fingers.

"Oh" she blushes, "thanks-" she goes to reach for it but I pull it away.

"So is this worthy of your number?" I ask teasingly with a grin.

"Erika..." she whines.