Chapter 8

He observes your body language as you sit down, noting the tension in your shoulders and the way you kept a slight distance between you two. He doesn't say anything for a moment, letting the silence stretch awkwardly between you.

"You don't have to be afraid of me, you know," he finally says, his voice low and calm.

You glance at him for a moment, your eyes wide and wary.

"How can I not when you've broke into my house?" You retort, your voice slightly shaky.

He chuckles softly at your response, leaning back against the couch and giving you a lazy smile.

"Fair point," he says, his eyes roaming over your face.

"But I'm not here to hurt you. If I wanted to do that, I would have done it already."

You swallow thickly, your eyes darting to the side before returning to his face.

"Then why are you here?" You ask, with your voice still tinged with fear.

He leans in slightly towards you, his smile disappearing.

"Didn't I say I don't like repeating myself? " He hissed, his eyes burning holes in your face.

"Ever since I saw you that day, I couldn't get you out of my mind." He says, his eyes never leaving your face.

You swallow nervously, your cheeks flushing slightly at his words. You're clearly torn between fear and... something else.

"What do you want from me?" You ask, your voice barely above a whisper.

"...huh?"

As you asked the question, he paused, his cocky expression faltering slightly for a moment.

He had been so focused on finding you, on seeing you again, that he hadn't really thought about what he wanted to do now that he had you here.

He leaned back against the couch, his brow furrowing as he thought.

He studied your face as he pondered, his gaze roaming over your delicate features.

You looked so small and fragile sitting next to him, your body tense and your eyes wide with fear.

He suddenly became aware of how close you were, your thighs almost touching on the couch. A pang of something he couldn't quite name stirred within him.

Was it... desire? He couldn't deny that you were attractive, your fragile beauty drawing him in like a moth to a flame. But it wasn't just that. There was something about you, a vulnerability that stirred something within him.

Protectiveness, maybe?

He pushed those thoughts aside, returning his focus to your question.

What did he want from you?

He had broken into your house, and forced you to sit next to him. But now that he had you within arm's reach, he realized he had no idea what to do next.

He snapped out of his thoughts as his phone suddenly rings, the sound jarring in the quiet room.
He groans, reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone. He glances at the screen, his expression darkening as he sees who's calling.

"What?"

As he answers the phone, you sit in silence, your mind racing.

'Should i make a run for it while he's distracted?' you thought.

His voice was low and tense as he spoke into the phone, his eyes flicker to you for a moment before returning to his conversation.

You can hear fragments of the conversation, something about an urgent matter that needs to be dealt with right away.

He seems agitated, his demeanor shifting from cocky to irritaas he talks.

He ends the call with a frustrated growl, shoving the phone back into his pocket before turning his attention back to you.

"I have some business to take care of." He says as he stands up.

"We'll meet again." He pats you on the head and then starts walking to the door.

You watched him leave, a huge sigh left your mouth the moment he closed the door.

"What the hell just happened...??"

.
.
.