3

Charlotte couldn't stop thinking about the plans for tonight. After a long week, she was eager to unwind and have fun with her friends. The idea of playing a game of "Truth or Dare" with a bit of pizza and some drinks sounded perfect. She sent out the invites to Marima, Heidi, an old friend named Pichy, Win, Mew, and, of course, Engfa. To her delight, everyone accepted.

By evening, Charlotte’s house was filled with the buzz of laughter and conversation. The smell of freshly baked pizza mingled with the faint scent of alcohol. Everyone was in high spirits, and Charlotte felt a warmth spread through her at the sight of her friends gathered together.

The game of "Truth or Dare" began with harmless fun, the dares becoming bolder as the night went on and the drinks flowed more freely. When it was Charlotte's turn, Marima leaned forward with a mischievous smile.

“Truth or dare, Charlotte?”

“Dare,” Charlotte responded confidently.

“I dare you to kiss Win on the cheek,” Marima declared, her eyes twinkling.

Charlotte rolled her eyes playfully but leaned over to plant a quick kiss on Win's cheek. The group erupted in cheers and laughter, but Charlotte noticed that Engfa’s expression darkened slightly. As the night wore on, Engfa seemed to be drinking more than usual, her demeanor becoming more withdrawn.

Pichy, always perceptive, noticed Engfa’s change and moved closer to her, offering support. Engfa, too intoxicated to protest, leaned her head on Pichy’s shoulder, nodding when Pichy asked if she was okay. Charlotte felt a pang of annoyance, sensing that Pichy was taking advantage of Engfa’s vulnerable state. She couldn’t shake the feeling that Pichy had a crush on Engfa, and it irked her to no end.

As the game continued, it was Engfa’s turn, and Mew, who seemed to be having the time of his life, asked, “Truth or dare, Engfa?”

“Dare,” Engfa slurred, her eyes glassy.

“I dare you to hug Pichy,” Mew challenged.

Engfa complied without hesitation, wrapping her arms around Pichy in a hug that lasted just a bit too long for Charlotte’s liking. She felt her anger rising, watching the intimate moment between them. She tried to focus on the game, but her eyes kept drifting back to Engfa and Pichy.

After a while, Engfa stood up, looking unsteady on her feet. “I need to go home,” she mumbled. “I don’t feel so good.”

Charlotte jumped up, eager to escape the tense atmosphere. “I’ll walk you to the door,” she offered, her voice a little sharper than she intended.

As they reached the front door, Engfa turned to say goodbye. “Thanks for tonight, Charlotte. It was fun,” she said softly, turning to leave.

But Charlotte’s frustration and jealousy got the better of her. She grabbed Engfa’s arm, her emotions spilling over. “Why do I feel this way?” she blurted out, her mind clouded by alcohol and confusion.

Before she could think, she pulled Engfa towards her and kissed her fiercely. Engfa’s eyes widened in shock, and she didn’t respond, pulling back after a moment.

“What’s wrong with you?” Engfa asked confused.

“Do you really like Pichy that much?” Charlotte’s voice cracked with emotion. “I’ve been trying so hard to get close to you, and she manages to do it in just a few hours! Engfa, I don’t understand you!” Tears spilled down her cheeks, her frustration evident.

Engfa looked at her, puzzled but starting to understand. She watched as Charlotte rambled, her words incoherent through the haze of alcohol. Engfa’s focus shifted to Charlotte’s lips, a smile playing at the corners of her mouth. Gently, she placed her hands on Charlotte’s waist and pulled her close, silencing her with a tender kiss.

Charlotte’s eyes widened in surprise before she melted into the kiss, her arms wrapping around Engfa’s neck. The kiss was soft, lingering, and filled with unspoken emotions.