13

Charlotte and Engfa had grown even closer since that day. Their relationship was stronger and more affectionate, and their friends had quickly adapted to the new dynamics between them. The two girls were inseparable, and their bond was evident to anyone who saw them together.

One bright Monday morning, Charlotte and Engfa arrived at school hand in hand. They were greeted by their friends with warm smiles and cheerful greetings. The school day began like any other, with classes and assignments keeping them busy. However, the moments they shared in between classes were the highlights of their day.

During the morning break, Charlotte and Engfa decided to grab a drink together. They made their way to the small café near the school entrance, where they often spent time chatting and enjoying each other's company. As they stood in line, Engfa gently took Charlotte’s hand and gave it a light squeeze.

"I’m so happy we have this time together," Engfa said, her eyes sparkling with affection.

Charlotte smiled, leaning closer. "Me too, Engfa. Every moment with you is special."

They got their drinks and found a quiet corner to sit. As they sipped their beverages, they talked about their plans for the weekend and shared stories about their friends. The conversation flowed easily, punctuated by laughter and loving glances.

When the bell rang, signaling the end of the break, they reluctantly made their way back to class. The rest of the morning passed quickly, and soon it was time for lunch. Charlotte and Engfa joined their friends at their usual table, where they were greeted with a mix of teasing and genuine curiosity about their relationship.

"You two are just adorable," Heidi said with a grin. "I’m so happy for you."

"Thanks, Heidi," Charlotte replied, feeling a warm glow of happiness.

As they finished their lunch, their homeroom teacher, Mr. Nguyen, entered the cafeteria and called for everyone’s attention.

"Good afternoon, students. I have an exciting announcement," he began, smiling broadly. "Next week, we will be going on a trip. You’ll be divided into six-person groups, and each group will have specific activities and challenges to complete."

The students buzzed with excitement, and Mr. Nguyen continued, "Here are the groups: Marima, Heidi, Tina, Nesa, Engfa, and Charlotte, you will be in Group One."

A cheer erupted from their table as the girls celebrated being in the same group.

"This is going to be so much fun!" Tina exclaimed, clapping her hands together.

"I can’t wait," Marima added, her eyes sparkling with anticipation.

Engfa and Charlotte exchanged a happy glance, thrilled that they would be spending more time together on the trip.

The rest of the school day was filled with chatter about the upcoming trip. In between classes, the friends discussed what they hoped to do and see, and how they planned to tackle the challenges they would face. The excitement was palpable, and even the teachers seemed caught up in the students’ enthusiasm.

As the final bell rang, Charlotte and Engfa walked home together, their hands intertwined. The sun was setting, casting a warm glow over the town, and they talked about how much they were looking forward to the trip.

"Being in the same group is going to be amazing," Engfa said, her voice filled with excitement.

"I know. I can’t wait to spend more time with you and our friends," Charlotte replied, leaning into Engfa as they walked.

They arrived at Charlotte’s house, and Engfa hugged her tightly before they said their goodbyes.

"See you tomorrow," Charlotte said, giving Engfa a quick kiss.

"See you," Engfa replied, smiling warmly.

As Charlotte watched Engfa walk away, she felt a surge of happiness and anticipation. The trip promised to be an adventure, but more importantly, it was another opportunity to deepen their connection and create more cherished memories together.