35| Where was he?

"Need you now, Oh, hold me closerstop the wheels of time

stop the wheels of time."

I fidget nervously on the edge of the bed, my heart pounding in my chest

Why am I so scared to do it? It's literally just a test.

"Are you listening to me?"Rhea stands in front of me, a small white cardboard box clutched in her hand. The word 'Pregnancy Test' is boldly displayed on the front in black lettering. She pushes it towards me, her expression serious.

"Just take the test, Esha," Rhea urges, her voice firm. "We need to know for sure. You've been feeling off for weeks now. This is the only way to get some clarity."

This morning Rhea called me and informed me that she is here in Moscow. It had all happened so quickly. She just called me, asking if I was free to meet. She had said she was here with her man, Eshaan, on a business trip, and was in town for a few days.

Aarav was sleeping so I didn't bother to wake him up because I'll go back in an hour or two and also I had left him a note informing him that I'll be with Rhea and he can join if he wants.

He also didn't sleep for the whole night so I didn't feel like disturbing him and also it's his birthday today. So, he deserves some rest.

But it's been an hour and he still hasn't called me. It's just 8 am. So, maybe he's sleeping.

Rhea looks at me with a determined expression, her arms crossed over her chest. "Come on, Esha," she says firmly. "Just take the test. It'll take two minutes, and then we'll know for sure." She shoves the box into my hands, refusing to take no for an answer.

I meet her gaze, my voice trembling slightly. "I'm scared, Rhea. What if it's positive?"

Rhea rolls her eyes at me, but there's a hint of a smile on her face. "Then I'll wish you congratulations," she quips in a playful tone, "And I'll start planning your baby shower."

I can't help but roll my eyes at Rhea's remark and respond in a tone dripping with sarcasm. "Yeah, thanks for reminding me, you're such a supportive friend," I say, my voice heavy with mock irritation. "What a bitch."