38| I want a divorce.

"Only love can hurt like this"

My deep slumber breaks when I start feeling strong pain escalating in my body, taking over my every muscle and nerve

My deep slumber breaks when I start feeling strong pain escalating in my body, taking over my every muscle and nerve. My head hurts along with some other parts of my body too, making me groan in pain as I slowly try to get up from my lying position. Using my elbows as anchors, I try to get up and with some difficulty, I finally do and lean my back against the headboard immediately for support.

The pain surges through my veins and triggers the weakness, making me go limp and had it not been for the headboard, I would have been on the floor. My entire body aches and twists in an excruciating pain which jolts its way to my head in no time. I hold my head between my both hands tightly but it's of no use.

I get off the bed, holding the headboard and edge of the bed as a support and sip down some water to gain proper consciousness before I walk towards the door of the room.

I can hear some faint voices coming from the living room so involuntarily my steps take me there. It's hard for me to continue walking because of the strong pain which is surging through my body for reasons I am not aware of. I don't remember doing anything hectic or so which could have caused this.

"Take care of her. She needs rest at this time and there shouldn't be any casualties related to her health."

"Hmm. Anything else I should be aware of?"

"No. Not for now. I'll send you the reports by the evening."

"How long will she be like this? Do I need to take her to the hospital?"

"Oh, no. That won't be needed. She will gain consciousness any minute now."

"Hmm."

I notice Aarav bidding the doctor and closing the main door in front of him before turning towards me. The moment our eyes meet, everything before I passed out flashes in front of my eyes like a movie and within seconds, I forget all about the physical pain which was about to make me cry rivers a few minutes ago.

The moment my hazel orbs meet his honey brown ones which hide behind them all the lies and betrayals, a sudden jolt of excruciating pain pangs my heart and overpowers everything I was feeling before.