6: The Ceremony

a/n: i didn't like the last chapter for whatever reason so i'm posting this early

haerin crawled in through her window to avoid accidentally running into danielle. she took off her suit. she groaned at the sight of it. after just a few days, it was falling apart at the seams. luckily her and hyein are designing a new one.

now for the part she was dreading. she took off her mask. her hair was uneven. those demons really did a number on her. she realized, she has one option. cut her hair into a little bob.

she groaned and bit back tears as she cut her own hair. it ended right at her jawline, when her old hair was right around her armpits. she sighed. how'd she think of putting her hair in her face before repairing her mask with a web?

for a self proclaimed genius, she was really dumb.

the next day, she threw on a hat, and a hoodie to cover her hair. with any luck, hyein wouldn't press. she walked into the hall and pulled out her phone to text hyein. her spider sense tingled at the very last second. she looked up.

shit. danielle.

she walked into her before she could stop herself, and her hat fell off, taking her hood down with it.

"i'm so sorry-"

"your hair!"

damn it...

"yeah... when i was in the hospital it kept getting in the way, so my stupid friend hyein gave them permission to cut it..."

"i think it suits you. speaking of the hospital, are you okay now? you seem fine."

"yeah, i'm good now. just a small malfunction at the lab. what about you, are you okay?"

"yeah! i'm perfect! nothing has really happened recently."

haerin knows she's lying. she was there for the hostage situation. she decides not to pry.

"you know, haerin, you have really pretty eyes."

her eyes widened. shit. is this how she gets caught? because she has pretty eyes?!

"oh, um... thank you. you too. i uh, i gotta go." haerin decides it's better to seem weird than to stick around any longer and have danielle find out her secret.

she takes out her phone again.

haerin: hyein im omw
haerin: let's get to working.
haerin: spidergirl suit: the anti-ock edition

hyein: yeah yeah
hyein: hurry up i finished working on my side of the improvements.
hyein: gadgets and the
hyein: yk
hyein: special idea that's gonna beat ock.

haerin liked the message and speed walked to haerins apartment.

the second she walked in she's bombarded with hyein's energy. offering her breakfast, asking her questions, all in all, overwhelming haerin.

"jeez take a breath-"

"sorry, sorry, i didn't sleep last night i went through 6 red bulls, i am WIRED."

"bro what the hell did you do that for."

"i was designing this." hyein held out a sphere with a small hole in it. "pump the thing full of webs, and when it gets thrown at a certain speed, they'll all get shot out!"

"you designed a web bomb?"

"start sounding more grateful." deadpanned hyein

"my bad. no way! you designed a web bomb?!"