18: The Bitten: Kim Minji

the next morning, minji woke up in hanni's bed, miraculously wearing clothes. her arms were around hanni, who was laying in her chest with a sleepy smile.

it's been a long time since minji felt this warm. this happy. her eyes felt misty at the sight of hanni. was she seriously about to cry tears of joy because her cute tutor was now her girlfriend?

she planted a kiss on the crown of hanni's head. hanni smiled in her sleep, and minjis heart melted into mush.

after ten minutes, hanni started to wake up. they locked eyes and smiled at each other. hanni begrudgingly moved away from minji, and sat on the side of her bed to look through her closet.

minji tried hard to suppress her smile when she was looking at hanni change. eventually she couldn't take it anymore.

"ahh!" minji squealed before tackling hanni onto the floor and hugging her with her entire body. "you're my girlfriend! you like me!"

"you're right, i am your girlfriend and i do like you." hanni said, laughing. her aussie accent was thicker in the mornings.

minji squealed some more, ruffling hanni's bob.

haerin was on the other side of town. in her own bed this time. she had spent so little time in her apartment since dani found out her secret.

and she was fine with it. but she would be lying if she said she wasn't jealous. seeing hanni and minji get together when they've known each other for a significant amount of time less than she's known danielle? it hurt.

after getting ready for school, haerin left her apartment in a hurry.

to her dismay, danielle was waiting in the hallway with red eyes.

"hey. can we walk to school together?" danielle asked, almost cautiously.

"you know the way there now, you can walk on your own." haerin responded coldly.

"please haerin. whatever it is i did, im really sorry. i don't like the feeling of you being mad at me."

danielle was clearly very distressed. haerin didn't like it.

"look, i'm sorry. you didn't do anything. cmon. we're gonna be late if we don't get a move on." danielle gave a small and quick smile. she tried holding haerins hand while walking down the stairs to the lobby, but haerin waved her off and put her hands into her pockets.

danielle sighed and looked down. what happened to her?

on the way to school, they ran into hyein, like usual. haerin talked to hyein perfectly fine. that meant the problem was with danielle.

she couldn't pay attention in any of her classes that day. was haerin tired of her? danielle was planning to ask haerin out sooner or later, but now it wouldn't work or matter.

seeing minji and hanni look so happy together made her sad. minji and hanni were some of her best friends. but she can't stop thinking about how that should be her and haerin.

minji had spent a few days patrolling in haerins old spidergirl mask and some old clothes. after getting dissed on twitter for a few days too long, she decided it was time for a new suit. and new webshooters.

on her last patrol of the city, she saw a few helicopters and helicarriers flying in. ropes came flying out of the doors.

minji landed on the roof of a nearby building to get a better look at these people.

they were wearing dirt-brown armor. they had yellow war paint on their faces. a few of them were wearing animal fur.

minji's spider sense tingled.