41: The Sensational Silk

"today, we end this once and for all, agreed?" haerin said.

they all did.

"that means, we take no survivors. got it?"

this one, they hesitated a bit. the spiders didn't kill.

"yes." minji said. "i got mister negative."

with this, the other girls reluctantly agreed.

minji tore off at an alarming pace.

the other girls followed suit.

danielle knew who she wanted to fight. kraven the hunter. he would be relatively easy to fight. the giant animal skull he wore on his shoulder and his brown uniform made him stick out in an environment like this.

her silk sense tingled.

she landed on the floor. kraven stood right before her. he smiled, and then his smile faded when his eyes landed on her.

"where is the real spider?" kraven said angrily.

"you're lookin at her."

"you are not... real spider." kraven said.

"you don't get to say that, okay! i'm as real as they come. it sure felt real when i got paralyzed against you! it felt real when my girlfriend got her ass beat trying to protect me from you!"

danielle shot a web at him and pulled him in.

he smiled. he savagely jumped at her and used her own web to pull her into the ground.

danielle fell to the ground. kraven stabbed his knife directly into the base of her neck.

she couldn't have that! she hadn't been making so much progress as silk to die like that!

her silk sense was so useful. now that she knew the future, she could change it.

she dropped down to the floor. kraven stared back at her.

"where is the real spider?" he asked angrily.

"she didn't feel like you were good enough  to fight her."

"what?!" he screamed.

"yeah, something about you... being weak, and how fighting a big hamster would be more entertaining. she thought a beginner like me could take you down."

"ILL MAKE HER REGRET THIS!!"

danielle watched as kraven charged at her. really, she should've taken more time to think about her responses. 'fighting a big hamster' was not her best work.

she saw him pull out his knife, and she shot a web at it, pulling it out of his hands.

her hand wrapped around it tightly, and she stabbed it into his shoulder.

he punched her in the stomach and she coughed blood.

"ILL SHOW HER! ILL BRING HER YOUR HEAD!"

kraven meant this. danielle felt it. did she fuck up again?

her silk sense tingled once more.

kraven ripped the knife out of his shoulder and stabbed it into danielle's stomach. she felt weak.

he picked up her body and ran away with her on his shoulder.

danielle's body was too weak to move. she couldn't fight back.

eventually, kraven stopped.

"HEY! SPIDER! IM TOO WEAK, HUH?" kraven yelled.

he threw danielle on the ground, and took his knife out of her stomach.

"WAIT! DANIELLE!" haerin screamed.

kraven lifted danielle up into the air by her hair, before using the knife to cut off danielle's head.

danielle's head was thrown onto the ground, but she still felt conscious. she could still see.

just before it all went dark, she saw haerin. morlun stood just behind her.

he placed two hands on either side of her head.

her face went pale, and her body dropped to the ground.

that one was even worse! she died, haerin died, morlun won, it was horrible!

kraven ripped the knife out of his shoulder. danielle was terrified, so she ran.

"GET BACK HERE SPIDER! I NEED TO SHOW THE REAL SPIDER HOW WRONG SHE WAS! BY GIVING HER YOUR HEAD!" kraven ran after her.

danielle was ahead of him, by a decent amount. she just needed time to think. as she looked over her shoulder, she realized how little time she had.

kraven was right on her tail.

she turned around, and shot a web at his neck. she produced more webs, and wrapped them around his neck, cutting off his air.

she looked around. she was right in front of oscorp tower. the wreckage of it, at least.

she slung the webs onto some steel beam, and pulled them down to the ground, hoisting kraven into the air, hanging him.

his face turned red. danielle let out a breath. she began to walk away.

then, she heard a large slam right behind her. kraven ripped the webs.

danielle turned around. he was still catching his breath. this was her chance.

she ran at him and began pummeling him with her fists. she stole his knife and stabbed it into his stomach.

then his eye.

then one last time in the chest. inside his chest, she saw something. a red, pulsing muscle.

his heart.

she reached into the small hole in his chest, and ripped his heart out.

"see? too weak to face the real spidergirl." danielle said angrily.

she crushed his heart in front of his face.

"...thank...you... spider." he said. he took his final breath.

danielle looked at her hands in horror. what did she just do? sure, she's only paralyzed because of him, but she never thought she could do something like this.

she thought back to her argument with haerin back when they first fought kraven. she said to haerin that she was too rough with the hunters.

danielle understood why now.

then, she gasped.

"haerin!" she saw where she was in her vision. she was fighting morlun.

she needed help.

a/n: one more chapter!!