23: The Courageous: Pham Hanni

hanni felt her body move. like she was on a really violent rollercoaster. she tried opening her eyes, but she couldn't. her left eye was throbbing. did kraven give her a black eye?

she opened up her right eye. she was covered in black goo. next to her was minji, bleeding from the mouth and also covered in black goo. next to her was danielle, with no visible injuries, but paralyzed. next to her was hyein, covered in dirt and cuts, with her eyes open and dull. next to her was haerin, wearing her black suit covered with blood.

wait, haerin? who was swinging them?

"HEESEO?!" hanni screamed.

"please, calm down. i'm on your side now. haerin gave me hyein's address before passing out, and i'm bringing you there." venom said.

"HOW CAN I TRUST YOU?!" hanni screamed.

"i don't know. if i'm being honest, you'll just kinda... have to." venom replied.

hanni struggled, but venom was too strong. when she looked up, venoms intimidating face was called back into heeseo's body.

heeseo's face was covered in black veins, but she had those kind eyes. heeseo and hanni were never good friends, only knowing each other for a short while before heeseo snapped and tried to kill haerin, but minji had told her stories about how nice heeseo used to be.

"i'm sorry for everything i've done." venoms deep and intimidating voice was gone now. heeseo's high pitched voice was the only one she heard. "if i could take it back, i would. in a heartbeat. but since i can't, the next best thing would be helping you guys." they landed on the top of hyein's apartment building. heeseo pulled back all the tendrils, and venom was gone. "once we get into her apartment, ill find something to help patch your arm up."

hanni looked down. she had forgotten how badly her arm was twisted. it was broken. "fine. thank you."

heeseo called a small bit of venom back out, and stuffed it into the keyhole. it opened, and heeseo used her tendrils to grab the five girls and bring them inside the building. she stuffed another piece of venom into the keyhole of hyein's apartment, and it opened.

"god damn. is hyein rich or something? this is a huge apartment." heeseo asked no one in particular.

heeseo put danielle on the couch. she was still passed out from the spider bite.

she put minji on a couch in another room. gosh, this apartment was huge. she checked minji's pulse. it was slow, but there. "i'm sorry this happened to you, min. if you can hear me, it's heeseo. i miss you."

she picked up hyein's body. "OW! oh god." it burned. hyein's body glowed a faint orange color. heeseo had forgotten. hyein's symbiote was like the anti-everything symbiote. touching her burned her. she ended up having to wrap hyein's body in a blanket. she carried her body off to a room that said "HYEIN" on the door. heeseo laughed at that. hyein was such a child.

heeseo put hyein on her bed. she checked her pulse. it burned like hell, but she could tell, just barely that there was a pulse. hyein looked rough, so she was glad that she was still alive.

heeseo then put haerin on the couch with danielle. she remembered how in love they were. she laughed at this before walking off to find some first aid. in the bathroom, she found it.

"hanni, sit down." heeseo grabbed some medical wrap and a broom. she broke the broom in half. she threw away the part with the bristles and she put the straight part against hanni's arm before wrapping it. "that'll keep it straight, you know, start the healing process. i think you should head to the hospital though."