Chapter -1

Hong Haein and Baek Huyn Woo have been married for three years, but their relationship is anything but loving. Rumors are circling that Baek Huyn Woo only married Haein, a rich chaebol princess, for her money. Many believe they are on the verge of divorce. These rumors are causing problems for the Queens Group, Haein's family business, so both Haein and Huyn Woo are putting on a show in interviews, insisting they are deeply in love and that their marriage is perfect. They claim they can't bear to be apart and spend every moment together.

But the reality is very different. Despite living in the same house, they barely acknowledge each other. They sleep in separate rooms and try to stay as far away from each other as possible at work. When they do talk, it's usually just to argue.

It wasn't always like this. They used to be very much in love, with Haein even going against her family's wishes just to marry Baek Hyun Woo. For his part, Baek Hyun Woo wanted to marry Haein without knowing about her wealthy background. But now, all that remains in their relationship is bitterness and resentment.

In the office 

In the middle of a tense meeting in her cabin, Hong Hae-In, known for her fiery temperament, was in a particularly bad mood. As the head of Queens Department Store, she called in Baek Hyun-Woo, the legal director of Queens Group and her husband, demanding immediate action. Despite Hyun-Woo's calm protests, Hae-In scolded him sharply, ordering him to remove underperforming brands from the store. The atmosphere was thick with tension, and everyone else in the room felt deeply uncomfortable. This awkward scene wasn't new for Hyun-Woo, though. He stood there quietly, head bowed, used to enduring these moments with patience.

A while later, Hong Hae-In entered the elevator, looking as stern as ever. Just then, Baek Hyun-Woo stepped in too. Sensing the couple needed privacy, Hae-In's secretary and the other employees who were with her quickly decided to take another elevator.

As soon as the door of the elevator shut. "What ?" Hae-In asked sharply, annoyed by Hyun-Woo's sudden appearance.

"I need to talk to you," Hyun-Woo replied calmly. "Meet me in the office cafeteria in an hour."

Hae-In gave a sarcastic smile and said, "Do we really have anything left to talk about in our relationship?"

Hyun-Woo looked at her steadily and replied, "If my presence in your life still means anything, then come. I'll be waiting." As the door of the elevator open he left immediately.

POV of Baek Hyun-woo

I got to the cafeteria 10 minutes early. Hae-In was always so strict about time, and I couldn't afford to give her another reason to be angry with me.

As the minutes ticked away, I couldn't help but keep looking at my watch. Each second seemed to stretch into an eternity. Thirty minutes went by, and she still hadn't come. Maybe she got caught up with work, I told myself, trying to stay calm.

But as the hands on the clock kept moving, my hope started to fade. My eyes darted to the door with every small sound, expecting to see her walk in. Evening slowly gave way to night, and the cafeteria began to empty out.

With each passing moment, my heart sank a little more. The once vibrant room felt colder and lonelier. I waited and waited, but she never came. The silence around me was deafening, echoing the emptiness I felt inside.

POV End

Baek Hyun-Woo glanced at his watch one last time before he left the cafeteria. It was late, and she still hadn't come. He gave a small, sad smile, the kind that hides more pain than it shows. With a heavy heart, he stood up and walked away.